No announcement yet.

a few cars from the Wilmington Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the slant six turbo...looking at a past day dream never fulfilled.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
      Uh.... with that... I don't think you can look at JUST one.....! will do.
      1st...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the wonderful pictures...

How do you keep your ADD in check with all those fiiiine machines?

I'd be burnt out after the first fifty.

Comment

Uh.... with that... I don't think you can look at JUST one.....! will do.

Then get a dozen. Hurry up. I'm not a patient person.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
          Yea, that's pdub. File name on the pic is "gremmyweeville", and while talking with him on the phone earlier he said he was in line behind a Cad with a huge turbo. Great pics Oldsman, please keep them coming.
          pdub and Red ran at 139.447. THe rev limiter cut in while he was going through the time trap.

That's the report he gave me today, and I stand by it.

Comment

Awesome pics! thanks. How's Mr Turk doing
            used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
              pdub and Red ran at 139.447. THe rev limiter cut in while he was going through the time trap.

That's the report he gave me today, and I stand by it.
              PeeWee at 140 mph, wouldn't you love to have had a couple of in car cameras one focused on his face and the other on the speedometer, that would have been priceless and congratulations to PeeWee and all that participated while I sat at home! Great pictures for sure and that Black Caddy is Awesome!
              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

This is Peewee at 139.447 MPH photographic proof.

and this is him wavin at me... he looks happy sue....! he gonna need a 12 step program for his new addiction.

ed - no, i don't know who the guy in the background is.
                Last edited by oldsman496; April 29, 2012, 09:05 PM.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

And somebody wanted engine pics of that big bad black caddy.... here ya go. and a couple others too.....

and this is that righteous ride at 143MPH... Mr. Sean was a little bummed, he had hoped to go faster, but he's been wrenching that thing for a full week now I guess...squeezed out a head gasket earlier this week he told me... definately a gearhead of the best order!

the Great Pumpkin racin' Crosley blew up in the lights...

and that CRAZY GUY who said his 96" wheelbase Gremmy would run 200... well he was wrong.... IT RAN 202+ MPH !!!!!!! DAMN!

pls forgive the fuzzy at speed shots... my camera is a point-n-shoot and not pro grade stuff... i gotta cheat it to get good shots........
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Great shots, that Caddy looks pure evil at speed. And 202 mph in a frickin' Gremlin! That's just crazy I say!

And Peewee and Red went 140, wow! Proved me wrong, good for him!

cheers
                    Ed
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                      Great shots, that Caddy looks pure evil at speed. And 202 mph in a frickin' Gremlin! That's just crazy I say!

And Peewee and Red went 140, wow! Proved me wrong, good for him!

cheers
                      Ed

That caddy looks mean sitting still! If there isn't a movie being made already where that car stalks and kills people then there should be...
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

This is Peewee at 139.447 MPH photographic proof.

ed - no, i don't know who the guy in the background is.
                        Mike, it was sure a great pleasure to meet you in person at the track. Whatta nice guy you are!

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK you for taking those pics of me and Red. Those are going on the wall. Nearly immediately, when the frames get here from the store.

Gosh, whatta treat to have those photos! Life-keepers, both of them. Mike, you are the MAN!

And I don't know the guy in the background, either. There were a LOT of spectators there, especially on Sunday after lunch, trolling around and soaking it all in. And Hooley in the racy orange Stude went 222 on Tonya Turk's tires just before I left the event.

I'm going to type it all up from my perspective but first I have to get two videos out of my camera and online. That'll be a techno-challenge for me, but I think I can remember how.

pdub
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The videos are encoding at DailyMotion. I'll start a new thread for them and there I'll eventually type up my story of the event.

Comment

Oldsman rules!!! Michael sent us ALL of his photos and we just finished putting up a gallery with 302 of them. Major thanks to Oldsman. Also, remember you guys can submit photos too if you are going to a race or show. Just let me know and we'll get you all setup to send us photos.

To see all of Oldsman496's photos, click here.
                            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Chad, I've got 66 more photos, but I think Mike got them all, most of the cars. Right now, I'm waiting to post the videos. Dang, it sure takes a long time to encode a 135 Meg video at DailyMotion..

Comment

Thanks Mike -
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X