a few cars from the Wilmington Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    THANK you for taking those pics of me and Red.
    Hey - i love to look through a lens...seriously. no, i REALLY love takin pics. and you gave me somethin' great to watch. I have the higher resolution originals if you want them. just PM me an e-mail address and they will go out to you asap. those posted here have been downsized and cropped to get the pic more ...focused.... so to speak. if you want the higher res with them cropped like these shots, i can do that too! It was a real pleasure meeting you also!!

I also gotta say to all the other folks who have given me a thankyou for the pics... glad to do it. and thankyou back for the compliments... i had a great time. ...somebody mentioned that orange stude runnin' 222MPH.... well here's a couple more shots...

and this is after he ran off the end of the runway! it was more than a quarter mile from me and my zoom was maxed out...i need better equip.

but no harm, no foul. well... except for the missing front bumper and air dam were Tonya's tires ok?

and this crosley runs at 100mph and has a $10,000 paint job... or so i was told...

i'm just happy to be an enabler for folks addictions...
    Last edited by oldsman496; April 30, 2012, 06:41 PM.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
      This is Peewee at 139.447 MPH photographic proof.

and this is him wavin at me... he looks happy sue....! he gonna need a 12 step program for his new addiction.

ed - no, i don't know who the guy in the background is.
      The guy in the background was with the Geezers from Michigan - Great pictures!!

Thanks,

Geo Turner
      Geezer Racing
      Attached Files

Comment

awsome! but pls don't expect royalties.....!
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Thank you so much for all the photos. Its like like being there but it sure looked like an 11 on the 1-10 cool meter.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Hey - i love to look through a lens...seriously. no, i REALLY love takin pics. and you gave me somethin' great to watch. I have the higher resolution originals if you want them. just PM me an e-mail address and they will go out to you asap. those posted here have been downsized and cropped to get the pic more ...focused.... so to speak. if you want the higher res with them cropped like these shots, i can do that too! It was a real pleasure meeting you also!!
            Mike, here's what those photos of me and Red meant to me. That's the Weevile.com computer, where all of my blather comes from. That's where I sit unless I'm either having to do something I'd rather not do, or when I'm away doing something fun, like this weekend.

Thank you Mike, sincerely. Whatta treat to have those shots, because they sure capture the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Weeville Wall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	861741

Thank you Mike, THANK YOU! We don't need hi res. We're close-enough kinda folks.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

awsome! but pls don't expect royalties.....!
              Mike,
              Nice meeting you. Wow, you stayed busy. Hey thanks for including some pix of my car. I didn't have much time to take many.
              Directing traffic was a good way to see EVERYONE, to bad I didn't KNOW everyone. It was quite a long haul of almost 900 miles to get there, so the picture of the bugs was for real. What a mess.

More of the same, on the uneventful drive home.

Great job,

Back home safe DTB
              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Dang Dave - Sorry I didn't check in with you. Next time!

Did anyone get a shot of my truck (the green and black Dodge Diesel) at speed? It would be great to see it in it's stock form and next meet with it lowered to see how it/if it acts differently.

SUPER first attempt. I'll wager that future events will go even better.

Dan

Comment

Dan, you're the star of the video, shot from the Red Cam....

Comment

Dave - it was great meeting you and i loved your ride...nice car! bug splat an all

Rusty - your bringin' a tear to my eye. glad you like the pics. told ya i'd be watchin...!

and Dan - I missed your truck... crap, i just got done lookin' through every frame and the only truck i found was this one...who's in it? i sure don't know... but i do know I got one of the GEEZERS car... so here's a couple more chute shots and stuff....

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the pics Oldsman, it was good to meet you briefly. Bent a few valves in the old cad. Hope to do better next time.

Comment

Any pics with Peewee wearing his helmet?
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Dave - it was great meeting you and i loved your ride...nice car! bug splat an all

Rusty - your bringin' a tear to my eye. glad you like the pics. told ya i'd be watchin...!

and Dan - I missed your truck... crap, i just got done lookin' through every frame and the only truck i found was this one...who's in it? i sure don't know... but i do know I got one of the GEEZERS car... so here's a couple more chute shots and stuff....

I think that was Keith Turk in a loaner....
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Yep, that's Keith.

Mine was the green over black Dodge Diesel - quietest vehicle to run, I was told. I ran JUST before the rain on Saturday. So a little after PW's run.

Dan

Comment

It only took two days of being home, but here are my photos. I know it's a done deal, all said and over, but I'm only now able to post my pics, time-wise. And I apologize for the link, folks hate links, but I'm too busied with work and laziness to post individual photos like Mike did.

Mike shot everything at the track except for the fire truck and the hot dog tent. Mike did mighty good. But just in case there's a different angle of the same car, etc. .... here are the photos I took.

Last edited by pdub; May 2, 2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the pics!! I always thought the caddy V8's, and Poncho's, from the mid 70's would be great fodder for turbos because of their abysmal compression, as low as 7.6:1. Some say Cad's had more nickel in their blocks, but who knows. But, you sure could stuff a lot of boost in that low compression motors as long as you could get the heads to flow decent numbers.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X