No announcement yet.

a few cars from the Wilmington Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my daughters boyfriend was over earlier looking at the pics from the ohio mile and saw the sprint car pic ..... started asking me bout land speed racing and what it takes, hes now trying to convince his car owner (grandfather) that we (me, him, and his grandfather) need to take the ASCS 360 Sprint and the Mini Sprint powered by a 600cc motorcycle engine to the texas mile next year and run them
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Just saw a street legal sprint car. Very cool.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Mike shot everything at the track except for the fire truck and the hot dog tent.

i got the ambulance AND the fire truck.

but i could not find my shot of the hot dog tent... the girl workin' there was CUTE...
        so to make up for that... here's more... someone get me a 12 step program for this....

that camaro NEEDS an air dam...its lifted about 4 inches from static ride height!

anybody know how fast this Volt ran? I think i pi$$ed the guy off when i mentioned that i thought they were limited to around 104mph... he said he didn't know for sure and i got the impression he wanted me to leave..... just kidding of course

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I did get a shot of the Mighty Dodge, but not at speed (obviously). PW's shot of the tailgate was excellent, as well.

It's already got the toneau in place and the lowering kit will follow in a day or two. I'll post a thread with pics when that's in place.

Race Truck!
          Dan
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DanStokes; May 3, 2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            I did get a shot of the Mighty Dodge, but not at speed (obviously). PW's shot of the tailgate was excellent, as well.

It's already got the toneau in place and the lowering kit will follow in a day or two. I'll post a thread with pics when that's in place.

Race Truck!
            Dan
            Are ya gonna be there for the June meet? I'm gonna try to be... and if the stars all line up, I'll make every effort to get ya a pic. keep your fingers crossed!
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

What? No pictures of the Port-a-Pottys?

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                What? No pictures of the Port-a-Pottys?
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I stand corrected. lol.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I thought you would SIT corrected in this case.

Anyhow - Yep, planning on being there in June. Motel room is reserved. I can't get the reg form to download from the ECTA website but have a fix in process.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                      I can go better than THAT:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ohio Mile 041.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	861778
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        I can go better than THAT:
                        AND the truck! LOL!
                        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                          AND the truck! LOL!
                          Yeah, I got out of the car into the windy wet cold specifically to take that photo, because it was a welcome sight on Sunday morning. Saturday evening, the one pot at the starting line...well...the code-word greeting when you were coming out of the pot, you tell the next guy, "Be careful." Two words. Everybody was doing it. "Be careful." It was within a fraction of an inch on the edge of the lid from running over. A very small fraction of an inch. Microns, in fact.
                          Last edited by pdub; May 4, 2012, 01:02 PM.

Comment

sweet thread!!! you done good PW that was hauling booty
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
                              sweet thread!!! you done good PW that was hauling booty
                              Thanks Cobey, and thanks to the ECTA team who set the whole thing up. It's a unique opportunity, a unique sport in itself for sure.

As said above on this thread or another one, it's the socializing during the waiting that's golden. Even sitting in the car with the heater running, trying to keep from freezing to death, folks (drivers AND spectators) tapped on Red's side window wanting to talk. Again, the farther away by days I get from it, I forget how cold it was, and the more fun it was. Sure enough.

Got to meet Terry that way, a wave and a tap on the window waiting in line with the heater running. He was brave and climate-stout enough to be roaming around in the waiting line. Thanks Terry, it was great to meet you.

Yeah, a good deal no matter what. I can only imagine how much fun that would be in good weather. A total blast, I reckon.

Comment

PeeWee, you're gonna figure out pretty quick it's like that everywhere us common folks bring out our cherished machinery and see what it can do......Bonneville, Texas Mile, Ohio Mile, Power Tour, Drag Week.....it's always the same. Great people (with a few grumps mixed in) having a blast doing what they love to do, and making sure someone else is having a blast too. Welcome to the offline and wonderful world of gearheads. I think you are officially now a car guy. It's in your blood, isn't it?
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X