Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filthy old cars, filthier "grease monkey" ... or .. can you bath in Fast Orange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    There may or maynot be a fast orange bottle in my shower A good scrub brush too.
    X2

I still don't seem to get it all though

Comment

Brake clean is great hands cleaner !! It gets gooey stuff off your arms too and stops poison ivy. I use wd 40 when I need a quick clean up in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Smellcentric? How does she like your smell if you don't take a shower?
        Better than a shower.... Scent in shampoo, soap smell, oh god!! The list goes on... I use unscented deodrant and laundry soap!
        But if I'm ripe..I shower anyway! One swig of booze... Or anything. I drink Full Throttle cuz coffee stinks up the house...even that stinks... Worst is sweet gear oil...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          there's an app for that

called the doghouse
          Peaceful dog house... Only tossing and turni g is my own.. ;-))

Comment

The one gallon Fast Orange container will not fit conveniently anywhere near the tub / shower. I actually like the smell. Like burned two stroke oil, it smells like money to me. I almost slobber at the marina.

I'm not sure some of my skin problems now at closer to 50 aren't related to constant emmersion in Varsol when I was in my teens.That stuff was magic. Clean motor oil was never far behind (washing air filters and oiling them) or RuGlyde from tire changing, so I didn't get dry skin much either. I blame Exxon, not the sun.

According to Monica, a rinse is required to get the grit off of extremeties. I saw here eyeballing the pressure washer. eeek.
            Last edited by Beagle; April 30, 2012, 04:09 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

This thread is timed great. Stay tuned to the front page for a month long deal we're going to do that is PERFECT for all the junk we're talking about here!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                This thread is timed great. Stay tuned to the front page for a month long deal we're going to do that is PERFECT for all the junk we're talking about here!
                we interrupt this thread for a word from our sponsors
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  I horrified Dave Nutting at the dragstrip by washing my hands off with brakleen today.

done that...it also helps you find the cuts you idnt know you had
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

as much as I hate to promote them, But snap-on's hand cleaner kicks ass. The wife hates the smell of Goop, fast orange and such. The snap -on keeps my hand clean , and dont dry them out.
                    Keeps them nice so she lets me... " soak them in-cider " .
                    Last edited by ls7gto; April 30, 2012, 08:48 AM.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Dare I ask....what kind of cider?
                      Last edited by 67pete300; April 30, 2012, 09:03 AM.
                      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

When I know I've got a particularly greasy nasty job, I'll apply Goop to my hands before I even get started. Seems to help out when the job is done.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

I do the same thing......seems my hand soak up less of the nasty stuff if they have already soaked up something else.
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

There are hand lotions out there specifically for that purpose - Rhonda brought some home from a railroad meeting, it works pretty good.
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

BrakeKleen works nice, WD40 leaves a residue but doesnt make things rust. I use GoJo, then dish soap, then some handsoap to clean everything. GoJo leaves a smell, dish soap dries me out, and the handsoap makes it so the wife can be near me again.

Cleaning transmission cases has got to be the worst thing for me getting filthy. I am covered in grit and grease when I do that, doesnt matter if I try to stay clean or not. Next up is engine work on old engines, especially small Fords and Chevy, they just cant keep the oil inside them for some reason.

Comment

The only thing I really can't stand to have on my hands is brake fluid. I don't really mind if my hands aren't fully clean, but there's just something about brake fluid.

Comment

Working...
                                X