No announcement yet.

couldn't find a Forum Errors thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couldn't find a Forum Errors thread...

help... just signed up, having several issues...

i log in successfully, am able to post in one forum, but when i try to post in another one, it gives me the login screen again... i login there, it says i'm successful, and then redirects me right back to the same login screen (over n over)...

also, i added a signature, looked good when editing it, saved it, but it's in a micro-font when i post... weird

also, i added a profile pic, seems to have taken it, but it's not showing up when i post, only in the profile

what am i doing wrong? (i have my cookies set up to allow bangshift.com)... thanks!
    Last edited by ratty; April 30, 2012, 05:50 PM.
    just trying to go Dead On and Double 0's

hit refresh, and don't try logging in again if it says you are not logged in.

should get it. been doing that all day.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yes, highly unusual for this forum to act up, but today has been it's turn to do so. Hang loose, they'll have it fixed in no time.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There's a stay signed in thing, I haven't looked into that one in a while. If you can exit the page, close your browser, and re-open without having to log back in you have it right. I'm afraid to log out. :S

Normally, you can choose stay logged in or remember me or something if you click on sign in. I think that one works consistently?

Your profile picture and avatar picture are different. You will want to edit your Avatar for your pic to show up in posts. I haven't worried too much about that one either, other than to figure out my profile pic is not what shows up and my avatar is.

Your signature, under edit signature, highlight all of your signature text and then choose 2 or 3 under Sizes, next to Fonts. 3 is probably big, I think most are 2. The default is likey 1.

see how that starts out for ya, let us know?
        Last edited by Beagle; April 30, 2012, 06:37 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbull-login.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	861729

should get you a persistent login
          Last edited by Beagle; April 30, 2012, 06:44 PM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

ah, cool, thanks guys... and yeah Beagle, those fixes worked for my pic and signature... i'll see what happens with the repetitive login next time i post a new thread in a different forum... thanks!

Comment

Your PC is probably overheating. I would unscrew the lid and pour cold water onto the running cooling fan.

if you would like your PC to run faster, plug it into the nearest 220 volt outlet as this will make it run twice as fast.

and NEVER take my advice.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                Your PC is probably overheating. I would unscrew the lid and pour cold water onto the running cooling fan.

if you would like your PC to run faster, plug it into the nearest 220 volt outlet as this will make it run twice as fast.

and NEVER take my advice.
                the best computers ARE water cooled, but somehow i don't think that's quite how they do it... i'll stick with my air-cooled box for now thank you very much
                Last edited by ratty; April 30, 2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X