Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got this last week - 1972 Chevy pickup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got this last week - 1972 Chevy pickup!

I traded my 1990 Suburban and a little cash for this rough but running '72 Chevy C10:

Not much rust, but I'm not sure it has any dent free body panels. Not that it's a big deal to me as this is a truck that's going to be used for hauling stuff and I don't want to worry too much about shiny new paint. It's powered by a mild 350 (Goodwrench crate motor) with a four barrel and ceramic coated headers. Got a Flowmaster exhaust that is a bit on the droning side - I'll keep it for now, but not sure how long.

First mod arrived in the mail yesterday: Three point seatbelts. I'll have them in soon.

Rule rule rule!!!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Welcome to the Club!!!!!......... That's a coil spring truck, right??......If so you can stuff an 18.50 under it, with a little wheel well modification, but NO frame work!!!........ Mines a leaf spring truck, I put Hoosier ProStreet Radials on it 29x15.50.15 on Weld Drag Lite's that are 15x12 with 7 1/2" of backspacing and the tires are all tucked into the wheel well and not sticking out of it........

Anyway nice score!!!.....

Comment

Very nice.....truck arms, air, automatic......is that the CXT trim package? Funny thing is, I have those exact same bedsides at home.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

love that body style....nice rig.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

A friend had a '70 GMC - same color. I always loved that truck. Great score!

Dan

Comment

Love the truck when is it going to get a MegaSquirt?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Got to love that era i wouldn't trade my 80 for anything! They are fun and can take on a tree or beamer and keep on trucking and thats personall experience lol.
                GF:Did you motor blow up?
                Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

Glad you guys like it! My wife gets a good bit of credit here as she was the one who managed to find it, just looking around some of the local neighborhoods for old trucks with "For Sale" signs. It's a Custom Deluxe model. Originally had A/C but the compressor and condensor are missing. I'll probably try finding a replacement eventually.

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  Love the truck when is it going to get a MegaSquirt?
                  There's a couple things at work we've been looking to put together... I'll see if I can convince the boss this would be the perfect test platform for some of them. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                    There's a couple things at work we've been looking to put together... I'll see if I can convince the boss this would be the perfect test platform for some of them. :D
                    Trucks make great test mules lots of underhood space for any motor you want to swap in.
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Wow, that's cool. great driver and cheap repair parts to boot.
                      Last edited by mike343sharpstick; May 3, 2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Looks like I may need to start a build thread, even though this is going to be more of a beater and parts chaser than a race truck. Been putting better seat belts in it, and now it looks like I've got to change the rear main seal. Well, there is one idea we've been kicking around at work that will definitely need a build thread...

Comment

Working...
                        X