If you had a 75 grand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had a 75 grand...

If you had 75 grand to buy a NEW car what would you buy and why.

No, I know many here are gonna say "I would buy 15 junkers" or "I would put the money toward project X,Y,Z"

Not the point, I am interested to know what NEW vehicles you all would be interested in purchasing. and I dont want to know about the "new to you" 65 GTO or 55 Shoebox....

Me, I want a new Saleen Mustang...Why...it speaks to me, I love the styling and I love my GT and she needs a stable mate...

If there is any left over, a new to me used Ram would be sufficient...

Lets hear it....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

2013 GT-500 that will be arriving soon ... 650 hp, 202 mph, full Ford warranty!

cheers
    Ed
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Cadillac CTS-V sedan. Something like 500hp and a 6 speed. I like that its not a mustang or a camaro.......not that there's anything wrong with them.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

id take a c6 z06, black with black leather
        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

2013 GT500, hands down. Reason: although slower than a Vette, I could take my wife and kid along.

Does anybody make something that has three rows of seats and lots of HP? Hmmm... maybe 75k would get me a Flex with the 2013 GT500 drivetrain... that would be a riot.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

75k..
            I still would not go hot rod.
            mustang seems awesome. the challenger, camaro, caddy wagon...

I'd go different. mercedes made-in-usa suv, the bubbly porsche suv v8...land rover. something different.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
              2013 GT-500 that will be arriving soon ... 650 hp, 202 mph, full Ford warranty!

cheers
              Ed
              yea me too, and I would take it on drag week ............ wait ? what ? its booked, no more registrations ? WTF !
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I'd have Factory Five whip me up a new '34.

Only it'd be a sedan.

With a big-block.
                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I'd have to go with a new ZL1.......Headers, pulley swap, Tune........What are they running now, 10's in the quarter, over 200mph in the mile??........ I'm sure with the right gearing you could easily run 9's........Time to get the groceries Martha.........

Comment

SRT8 Jeep....I think that they are boss!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

For $75K, I'll take a SRT Challenger and $15K in mods...
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
                        2013 GT500, hands down. Reason: although slower than a Vette, I could take my wife and kid along.

Does anybody make something that has three rows of seats and lots of HP? Hmmm... maybe 75k would get me a Flex with the 2013 GT500 drivetrain... that would be a riot.

How many people does that Caddy CTS sport wagon thingy seat is it 5 or 6... That would be a killer family hauler.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

CTS-V Wagon, zo6 Vette, a 3/4 ton pickup, one of those fancy Audi's with the all wheel drive and a V8.
                          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

the most expensive thing i could then sell it and use the money on a old POS and build it up
                            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

If I had $75 grand, I certainly wouldn't spend it on a new car. I'd spend $15k on the cars, make em pretty and nice to sit in. Pay off my $10k of debt, then put a down payment on a house.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X