Rip mca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip mca

Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys died today of cancer. These guys were *the* pioneers at sample-based music. He was only 47 years old.

Lots of us grew up to their music. Paul's Boutique is the shit!

RIP MCA.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

RIP
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I heard about an hour ago, they really opened my eyes to other types of music..I grew up on country and oldies so when I fisrt head them I was floored....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

sad for sure, i had the tape with the jet crashing on the cover, was it licesnsed to ill?
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

yup....the tail numbers on the plane read 3m ta3, it put in a miroe...eat me! thought that was funny shit when I was 10
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

it came out when i was in tenth grade

Comment

5th for me...I can remeber wearing short running shorts, knee high tube socks, knock off air jordans and a tank top riding around the neighborhood with my friends singing Paul Revere

Comment

"my name is MCA, i got a license to kill"
                Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                  "my name is MCA, i got a license to kill"
                  lol, thats what i was gonna post but i didnt know how to spell "license" :/

Comment

First time I heard them I though they were a local garage band. Couldn't believe they were playing it on the radio. haha
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman71 View Post
                      lol, thats what i was gonna post but i didnt know how to spell "license" :/
                      there are so many to choose from, i just went with this one
                      Last edited by 1badmonkey; May 4, 2012, 02:49 PM.
                      Charles

Comment

RIP.

Vevo is the world's leading music video network. Watch music videos on your favorite apps, streaming services, and devices, including YouTube, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Fire TV, and more.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Adam finally made it back to Brooklyn... now he can sleep.

Ron
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I do remember when they came out.

I was more into the mixing, strange sounds.
                            less talk. I was drummer too at the time. I learned to like it later.

I did like them.
                            run dmc ,I got them two confused.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

i pretty much grew up listening to them ........... my favorite BB video

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X