Building Muscle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Muscle!

Wellllllll, boot came was fun as hell (Take that however you want)

I'm now at the base near Charleston, SC. and I'm going to start going to the gym now, I'm here for a little more than 14 weeks. My goal is to come home on leave with enough muscle to make my ex girlfriends jelous, and the girl I'm talking to want me more
    now mind you, I won't have too much time for this, as I'll be studying a lot, and I don't have my Eagle to distract me for at least a month.
    Anybody here drink protein shakes, I know to avoid creatine, and to go for 100% Whey, but anybody here know a specific brand to go for? Lots of people have recommended ON, but they were all fairly buff beforehand, I'm still stringy.
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

I've started taking Muscle Milk
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Good luck Eagle.
      Do it for you, not for anyone else.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Try Crossfit. Worked for me. Eat paleo if you can. Fat will melt away and muscle will come. We use EAS Vanilla protein. Because that's what they have a BJ's in the big bag.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

congrats on the boot camp.

go for fats, real food, and calories ten times the normal population.

you will figure out why later.

find a meat market.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
            Good luck Eagle.
            Agreed, if that's not sufficent then it's not sustainable. I abhor protein drinks. Veggie Burgers give me about 20grams protein per 100 calories. Not too shabby, and on the go I usually eat Clif Builder bars because they have 20 grams of protein in 220 calories and I can buy them cheap at Sam's Club. Just get enough whole wheat/fiber in your diet or all that protein will make you stink to high heaven and cause you to poop soft serve ice cream.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
              Agreed, if that's not sufficent then it's not sustainable. I abhor protein drinks. Veggie Burgers give me about 20grams protein per 100 calories. Not too shabby, and on the go I usually eat Clif Builder bars because they have 20 grams of protein in 220 calories and I can buy them cheap at Sam's Club. Just get enough whole wheat/fiber in your diet or all that protein will make you stink to high heaven and cause you to poop soft serve ice cream.
              Cliff Builders bars are awesome
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I also agree on the 'real' food concept. most products that are advertised, are just advertising. they are trying to sell ya not help ya. keep your diet big on protein, but use real food. not processed shakes. and lots of fruit and vegetables. Your body was designed by mother nature and its had allot of practice on pulling the right molecules out of what you eat and putting them where your body is wanting them. If your body doesn't need something, its just gonna $hit it out. exercise, exercise, exercise... it doesn't come in a bottle.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Eagle - a biology professor of mine (who also happened to be a bodybuilder) told me to make sure I had amino acids, lotsa chicken, and lotsa salad in my diet.

He also recommended chin-ups for some reason.

Oh, and congrats dude. You'll like Charleston. I was there for 3 years.

Somehow I missed it, what branch are you in?
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                    I know to avoid creatine, and to go for 100% Whey
                    Why are you avoiding Creatine??, I made some of my biggest gains taking that stuff........Your body makes it naturally and is abundant in the lean skeletal muscles in the body.........

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                      Good luck Eagle.

All other reasons are merely benefits..
                      It HAS TO be for you, first and foremost....
                      Just like quitting smoking or drinking or any addictive habits..

Comment

Take it from someone who got too damn big thanks to the military. Dont go too far, you end up paying for it later. I have cracked ribs pushing things, my muscles are more than some parts of my bones and connective tissue can take. I also utterly destroyed my knees because I could push so much weight that they were the weak link in the chain.

That being said, I just ate normally and worked, what put mass on me real fast probably wont work for you. I never did any of the supplements or things like that and ended up benching over 500lbs at my peak.

Comment

Eat as much as your body will take. Whey protein, casein before bed if your serious. Creatine is not a bad thing. Everyone should use it. Sleep as close to 8 hours as possible. Heavy compound exercises is whats going to put mass on you. Your kind of like me in the fact you dont need to worry about fat gain as the other training will keep you lean. squats, deadlifts, overhead press are greatness. Its pull-ups, not chin-ups.
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

If youre not trying to lose weight, take the creatine.

Also, real food is your friend when trying to bulk, lots fo chicken, meat, raw veggies, fruit..protine, proteine, protein.

Any brand of protein will be okay except Muscle Milk and any thing listed as a weight gainer. Just find a 100% Whey Protein you like and go with it. Dont over do it with the protein as your body can only intak about 35g at a time. Cassien or eggs before bed..or in a pinch yogurt.

Find some BCAA's (Branch Chain Ammino Acids) to, the kind that you can mix in your water...and if youre not drinking at least a gallon of water a day...youre doing it wrong.

Lift old school, 10/8/6 reps, lots of weight, lift free weights as much as possible...and push ups...do them, love them live them.

Just remember, you must eat..and eat a lot.

good luck!
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                            X