Help whats the easy way to post pics here.....yes AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help whats the easy way to post pics here.....yes AGAIN

ok I'm stupid,yes I did post some pics in the events section but it was a PITA.

From photo bucket whats the easy way without posting every picture I have?

You can upload pics to Bangshift's host..
    Or use IMG tags if the pic is hosted elsewhere [IMG]<---picture link goes here--->[/IMG]

Comment

To post using the BS link:
      1) Select "Reply to thread"
      2) Chose "Go Advanced"
      3) Go to "Manage Attachments". When you click on it it'll link to your computer. I put the pics on the desktop but you can find them wherever they are in your computer.
      4) Click on the pic you want to download. Each pic (yau can post many) will fill in a line in the menu.
      5) Click on "Save" in the menu that allows you to download (I can't remember what it's named)
      6) You can type your message on the thread before or after the download.
      7) The pic will NOT show up on your entry until you post it, so check your post when you're done.

At least that's what works for me. Pretty simple, really.

Dan
      Last edited by DanStokes; May 6, 2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
        Or use IMG tags if the pic is hosted elsewhere [IMG]<---picture link goes here--->[/IMG]
        thats what i do
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

The pics I have are not on my computer,I took them with my phone then sent them to photobucket.Like I said I did post them but truth is I dont know how....
          I used the manage attachments link and some setting on photbucket but I have no idea what I did. I went back later and couldn't figure out what I did. In the end I just created a folder on photobucket then copied the link in my post.

When you say us img tags,would I type [img] paste link here [img] for each picture?

This has been asked before,what size pictures work best here?

Thanks,and yes this is this hard for me.

Comment

When you say us img tags,would I type [img] paste link here [img] for each picture? - CORRECT BUT with NO spaces - side note using photobucket there are 4 different choices to pick from under the image, copy the link that has the [IMG] tag

This has been asked before,what size pictures work best here? - 600x400 to 1200x1000 -anything larger it automatically resizes them
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I store my pics on this site and pull them from here.
              Hit your user name and down the column it says albums, go into that and follow the limited directions and you might be able to crawl thru it, I did.
              Last edited by skullbucket; May 6, 2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                To post using the BS link:
                1) Select "Reply to thread"
                2) Chose "Go Advanced"
                3) Go to "Manage Attachments". When you click on it it'll link to your computer. I put the pics on the desktop but you can find them wherever they are in your computer.
                4) Click on the pic you want to download. Each pic (yau can post many) will fill in a line in the menu.
                5) Click on "Save" in the menu that allows you to download (I can't remember what it's named)
                6) You can type your message on the thread before or after the download.
                7) The pic will NOT show up on your entry until you post it, so check your post when you're done.

At least that's what works for me. Pretty simple, really.

Dan
                If you are hosting your pics or videos on a site like PhotoBucket, ImageShack or YouTube, all you have to do is click on the icons that are circled below, copy and paste the URL's of the pic/video in the popup box and hit OK, the forum software will do the rest......

Last edited by TC; May 6, 2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Self-proclaimed computer idiot here. TC's method is probably easier.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Self-proclaimed computer idiot here. TC's method is probably easier.

Dan
                    No you did it right Dan if you want to host your pics here at BS, that is why I quoted you, so people would see both ways easily, since both ways work......... My way is only easier if the pic is hosted somewhere else and you can get a URL to it.......So don't beat yourself up.....
                    Last edited by TC; May 6, 2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

I can't remember who said it the other day, but this worked for me and I was thrilled:

Copy your picture into the clipboard
                      Paste it into your post

It doesn't get any easier than that!
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                      X