Do you like cars like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like cars like this?

Used to, they were junk but now when you look at them you can tell the owners have spent countless hours to make it look like that.
    I watched drive in and out of the cruise in last nite and they are street worthy.
    Myself they are not for me, im a clean and organize freak, but it takes some imagination!

Oh my, the truck next to the state pen car in the last picture is a monstocity of bad ideas.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

Not usually.
      When people try to make them unsafe to fit their idea of an old school rod..... not a good idea.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

tying in real history to such builds..it goes back to grandpa mechanics and economic depression.
        from a flat head 8 in the model t swap...

use what you got. it all died young, piles build up.

they are making that near impossible today. I do like seeing rat rods, home builts.

market can own themself for all they care.

I just dismantled a little ea82 on the lawn. no sterile operating room.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nope still don't like it, it's all still junk. If they can put effort into making it look that bad (and some are just bad, period) why don't they make it look good instead

Comment

Nope. Not interested. I was THERE in the day and NOBODY wanted their car to look like that. If it was unpainted it was because the owner was saving up to buy paint. Not "A paint job" - paint. We helped each other and got paint on the car - sometimes with a LOT of blocking and buffing! But we got better and everyone had an OK looking car. Not Ridder quality, just a great looking street look.

These Bozos are trying to recreate a past that never was, at least not in SE Michigan.

Dan

Comment

better than the 80's chevy behind it.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

idk if that is south east michigan that's a bout how 10 year old cars look like do tot he salt on the roads lol

i personly think it's stoopid and least remove the rust and get it on solid color even if that color is gray primer
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

the car could be saved with some time ..i HATE RAT RODS....and that truck is a perfect example of why i hate them....i just got home from car show (535 cars) the number of rat rods was down,i think they're finally getting it,,,,,

Comment

I try to look at them for tips and tricks but they are so far from anything useable on a nice car what the use in looking at them?
                    I did like one of them used an old pair of Levies for door panels and the used the pockets for the pull straps.

Comment

The first one is one that i could drive..not the others..

Comment

I agree with Dan...nobody drove a car like this back in the day. This is a current day idea.....one that I am not fond of.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Again I find myself against the norm.......I've actually done a bit of research on these cars, their are people that make rolling chassis to make these cars have the stance that they have, and the frames are no different than you'd find in a Fully Caged Car, maybe even stouter than those......Plus look at the truck in the pic, it's using a factory subframe, I bet the car drives great........ As for appearance these guys are taking cars and car parts what would most likely end up in the Scrap metal pile and giving them life again, I see nothing wrong with that........If you really look at these cars most of them have quite a bit of thought put into them and I've seen some that look flat out badass!!!!.......

But then like they say one man's junk is another man's treasure.........

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            I agree with Dan...nobody drove a car like this back in the day. This is a current day idea.....one that I am not fond of.
                            Then good for them for thinking of something original........At least they're not part of the "Dime-O-Dozen" crowd..........

Comment

Then good for them for thinking of something original........At least they're not part of the "Dime-O-Dozen" crowd..........
                              TC - these rustwagons are everywhere of late, therefore they cannot be the product of original thinking. They are literally the dime-a-dozen crowd by definition.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X