Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch

yep, today hurt good
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 6, 2012, 08:06 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    yep, today hurt good
    And...?

Comment

Did you at least punch the guy in the mouth.........

Comment

a car pulled in front of me on my bike, drove around a corner, and anchored his brakes. Fortunately, my spidey sense was tingling so I was hard on my brakes (bicycle)

I hit him at 13 mph rather than the 50 mph I normally travel through that spot.

After I hit and landed on his trunk - his first words to me where 'get off my car'. I bruised my knee (the one where I've had 5 surgeries to correct it from the last FBH - aka Sylvia - who hit me (bike lanes are a dangerous place for bikes) and broke 3 teeth. Fortunately? two of the teeth were already mostly fake from other life-experiences.

oh yeah, and my racing bike worth ~ 10k is now a pile of carbon

Needless to say, I'm sure my next words to him will be "you tried to kill me, and I'm a lawyer" all I want is $1.00 more than you will ever have.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 6, 2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Sue his ass off. My arm is still messed up from the jagoff that pulled a similar stunt with me 5 years ago. I have zero sympathy for him.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Biking (motor and pedal), driving, or walking... NOBODY needs to get ahead and stop short!

Comment

Dunno what's wrong with people... last Sunday afternoon some jerk, on a wide-open country backroad, cut real close and then whipped it over real hard in front of us. I think he was looking for a fight or something.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

If you hit him in the rear, you ain't got a prayer in court.
                A guy in town smacked a semi trailer in the rear on his bike and now sits in a chair with his tongue hanging out drooling on himself and no money.
                Last edited by skullbucket; May 7, 2012, 04:15 AM.

Comment

I guess my first question would be why did he stop so quickly? Was he avoiding something in front of him?

Sure hope you heal up quickly - major bummer about the bike - can you re-use most of the hardware on a new frame/forks?

Bummer.

Getting teeth fixed - yuck - I hate dental work - I hope you have a great dentist.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Best of luck and I hope you heal quickly.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                      If you hit him in the rear, you ain't got a prayer in court.
                      A guy in town smacked a semi trailer in the rear on his bike and now sits in a chair with his tongue hanging out drooling on himself and no money.
                      not true. Washington is pure comparative fault - meaning the Court (should it go there) determines how liable each party is and assesses costs, damages, and punitives according to that percentage.

And, stopping short and laying in wait makes the driver quite potentially liable.

Why did he stop? He had no reason, no traffic, clear road. He claimed to be "waiting to turn into his driveway" however, the witnesses say he had no reason to wait.

At least the injuries have localized. Knee, shoulder, lip (got a nice fat lip out of the deal).

Of course, I also have a few stitches, but as we all know those are bonuses because chicks dig scars
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 7, 2012, 07:18 AM.

Comment

show pic.

Comment

I'll take a baseball in the nads before bumper testing a car any day of the week.

Hope it works out for you. For some reason I just think it might. haha
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

spoke to his insurer this morning, she went from "how are you going to pay" to "I can't believe my insured did that." Yeah, it should be interesting.

Other interesting bit, they don't know I have GPS which proves my version of the events (he claims he was driving down the street and at his driveway waiting for traffic when he got hit)... what GPS proves is he wasn't moving and was well short of his driveway (30-40 feet)... also shows I was well under the speed limit all the way down the hill - which supports my version that says "I was wary of him, he just didn't look right in the head."
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 7, 2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                              spoke to his insurer this morning, she went from "how are you going to pay" to "I can't believe my insured did that." Yeah, it should be interesting.

Other interesting bit, they don't know I have GPS which proves my version of the events (he claims he was driving down the street and at his driveway waiting for traffic when he got hit)... what GPS proves is he wasn't moving and was well short of his driveway (30-40 feet)... also shows I was well under the speed limit all the way down the hill - which supports my version that says "I was wary of him, he just didn't look right in the head."
                              But......were you maintaining the required 1 bike length per 10 mph
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X