Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear bangin' therapy. Day trip pics inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear bangin' therapy. Day trip pics inside.

Woke up Sunday just pissed off at the world. I needed to get out and do something. Well, as usual, one thing lead to another and after fixing some bicycles and cleaning the garage I ended up doing some "spirited" driving up Catalina Highway. Catalina takes you from the base of Mt. Lemmon to the summit in a 9k foot climb. The roads are fantastic and banked so freaking well that it is a real kick in th pants to drive. Plus the view aint half bad 'neither. I felt 100% better after the trip...

Here is a map of the road to the Summit.

The view of Tucson from the first pull out.

A view from the back side of the mountain looking north...I was shocked by how far in the distance I could see from here.

One of the ski slopes visible from the patio of the Iron Door, where me and my Co-Pilot got some tasty Pie al-a-mode.

Mini-me tearing up his peach/blueberry pie.

Mini-Me and my Therapist, ready for the trip back down the Mountain.

My attemt at "artsy-fartsy" with my cell phone...Meh, looked better thru the lense.

My Co-pilot is fixing to get his ass fired!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

What a great way to share an afternoon with your Son! Well done!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

it was good for both of us, he got away from his brother and sister who are not always very nice and it got me the hell out of the house and away from the person who would balme me for the famine in Africa and the war in Afghanastan is she could.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

ahhhhh, they're so peaceful when they're asleep.....
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That guy can talk, and talk, and talk...but was pretty speachless on the srint to the Summit, He was in awe of the view and was giggling like a school girl into some of the turns....He is without question my biggest fan, it feels pretty good to be someones idol/hero...My best little buddy no doubt.

Comment

looked like a fun ride.
            the terrain just jets out of nowhere, alot to contrast.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Ahhh memories of rides on my Gold Wing with the kid behind me...
              You will look back fondly..as will he..

Comment

We sneak out all the time when no one is looking...When youre a rock star (in their eyes)...You GOT to make time for your fans, you know?

Comment

Very Cool!
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Know the feeling...did a little repaving north of Skull Valley before I put the Mustang up for the summer. Very therapeutic.
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Good stuff Joe - don't be too hard on the sleeper in the right seat - he will be picking your retirement home some day !
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

You sure made the best of that day!

I woke up the same way, flew home, and spent the day with the back roads myself. They never cease to heal.
                        1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                        1997 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X