Gauge Tradition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gauge Tradition

The "traditional" place for the tach (if there is such a tradition) is in a chrome can, centered on the top of the dash, and oriented towards the driver. vic
    vic NASCARland

Comment

Having owned (3) 3rd-gen Camaros(all Z28's, the 2nd was an H.O.), I'm accustomed to having the speedo to the left, tach to the right.

On any 50's-60's(and some 70's) vehicles not factory equipped with a tach, hose-clamped to the steering column is the place for it.

Comment

well, I am used to the ole Torino having this layout:

My F150 was the same, tach, then speedo in the center then the small ones off to the right.

I'm more inclined to watch the tach myself on the road, not so much the speedo...considering for a while the tach was one of the only working guages in the beast.
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

In the new GT500, they put the tach on the right so you can see it better when your hand is on the shifter. (the stock GT has it on the left)

Comment

I'm a creature of habit I guess, it's always the same layout. I've got a SUN Super Tach II that I bought in 1979 and it's always on top of the steering column just to the left of center. The Montego will be the 4th car it's been in. I've also got a SUN water temp and oil pressure gauge (about the same vintage as the tach) that will go under the dash.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
            X