No announcement yet.

Ebay finds, why do am I being taunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay finds, why do am I being taunted?

The first is a little weird, but I can't help but think about how great it would be to buy a basically brand new car for 6K, and having a 75 mile round trip to work and back, this thing would work great.

This one really has me going

Both within a half hour drive from my parents' house, even mostly the same direction.

The '51 would be awesome to drive to work everyday, Ebay, why do you taunt me?

Why couldn't I have got a job three months earlier right out of school? I'd have saved up enough by now for the Wayfarer. Either that or have an '85 Shelby Charger in my driveway that I found a few weeks ago.

an old lady car with a manual transmission? that smells fishy
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

that model dodge.. I was remembering that from someplace.

it was like all the others in that design. clutch 100k, hg, gasket stuff...water pump
      if the crank isn't bent, keep on going to the sloppy head noise.

the one in ad has some time left..fuel saver.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The '51 Dodge is way cool, and I'm not even a Mopar guy! But the 2004 doesn't do a thing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
          The '51 Dodge is way cool, and I'm not even a Mopar guy! But the 2004 doesn't do a thing for me.
          It's a '94, and it's mostly the really low miles that got me. And it's small and light. A stripper model, that when it gets higher miles, I may be able to find a 392 Hemi for it like the one on the blog a while back. (Edit: but it is mostly Japanese).

I really want the '51.
          Last edited by moparmaniac07; May 9, 2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's weird at all. In the retirement community I work for there are lots of old ladies with super low mileage small cars, some are kind of cool. When I finally get tired of putting $76 worth of gas in the Crown Vic every 10 days I'll probably end up with a small DD again.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Hey, I know where Mountaintop is! Not too far from me in PA. There's a guy selling a 53 Chrysler with 49,000 miles for $3400 right off RT29 in Susquehanna county. The guy also has a 63 Imperial convertible with factory 4 speed!
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
                It's a '94, and it's mostly the really low miles that got me. And it's small and light. A stripper model, that when it gets higher miles, I may be able to find a 392 Hemi for it like the one on the blog a while back. (Edit: but it is mostly Japanese).

I really want the '51.
                it has the mitsu 2.6 even 7k is high miles
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                  it has the mitsu 2.6 even 7k is high miles
                  Thanks for talking me out of it

Now if only someone other than my wallet would talk me out of the '51

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    an old lady car with a manual transmission? that smells fishy
                    The listing says the back seat is showing "sin damage". I don't want to know.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

A ton of old timers learned to drive on three speed sticks on the column. The frugal generation of the depression era didn't spend money on options like automatic transmissions.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X