Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mater View Post
    they make an arisol dry graphite lube

Dunno about Tennessee (where am I supposed to stop, like banananas?). If it s anything like Iowa (where I have been)
    Humidity may require daily sprays?
    I use the dry lube on the locks on my Suburban, and required more sprayings when it rains ...

Pdub... Test for leaks... Turn the fan on full blast with the windows closed and heater on (temp setting doesn't matter... ) and sponge very soapy water around the windshield... Bubbling shows a leaky windshield. (much like finding a leak in an inner tube).

Comment

i have never tryed it my self so not sure how it would hold up.
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
        Turn up the radio
        Or open up the exhaust ....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

You should have just kicked the windshield out and wear your helmet, pick another one up for Sue and you two can ride around togather again.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Gene, I'm not all that into "entertaining" my neighbors with a loud exhaust. I mean, My neighbor across and slightly down the street had a ballsy bike for one summer, and that thing had to have straight pipes on it. No, that doesn't go over well at 6 in the morning. Not in this setting, at least.
              Last edited by pdub; May 10, 2012, 04:34 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Turn up the radio
                or cut the exhaust off

EDIT: dammit, i gotta start reading all of the posts before i post
                Last edited by 1988montecarloss 2; May 11, 2012, 12:40 AM.
                formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Guys, lemme tell ya....The SafeLite company is bound to customer service. That's a new concept to me, I'm only finding out about it.

Together Unit and I yesterday filled out the customer survey they sent. There were radio button to click on, a whole lot of subjects. Was the technician nice? etc. Lots of questions.

And room for comment. Between the radio buttons and the comments, we told it like it was. First windshield sucked...sorry squeaked. The second one does not. But the dash was damaged during the windshield removal, no question about it, either the first or second installation. Damaged by the spreader tool the SafeLite folks call a spatula. That's our story, SUBMIT.

I'm off work today. Today the phone is ringing. Three calls from SafeLite people at different levels in the company. Somebody human actually looked at that satisfaction survey, and they reacted in a positive way.

The last call was from the Chattanooga area rep, not the technician, not the sales person. The area rep.

The first call was from a lady. I was telling her I could live with the squeak, but I just want them to know their tool/procedure damaged our dash. She literally talked me into "We want to make this right." Big push. I was amazed, still am.

And the area rep, when I said I was amazed at this level of concern over a squeak, said, "Customer service is something that's gone away in America. We are here to bring it back. If we damaged your car, we will fix it."

Amazing. The area rep himself is coming out on Monday to look at the car.

Amazing. We'll see on Monday, but right now the level of concern by itself is just ... well, I've never seen anything like it.
                  Last edited by pdub; May 11, 2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear they are going to make it right.

Maybe the Rep saw your ECTA video and wants to go for ride in Red.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                      Glad to hear they are going to make it right.

Maybe the Rep saw your ECTA video and wants to go for ride in Red.
                      Better take Monday off, Pdub! Or you will see Red on tv in a hi-speed chase...;-))

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                        Better take Monday off, Pdub! Or you will see Red on tv in a hi-speed chase...;-))
                        If they can go over 140, I'll never catch 'em.

EDIT: Ohhhhh, okay DAYYYY-ohh. Yeah, I'll be here at Weeville for that. They might hurt Red's dash, but they won't take him away. If they did try to run in Red...Bubba the Truck? Bluebelle the Fusion? Naw, that's time to use the cop radio.
                        Last edited by pdub; May 11, 2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I'm really pleased that they seem determined to make it right. The Rep is right - there's too little customer service in the world (I don't think it's just a US thing) and it's great to hear that they will at least take it seriously and work to fix it.

Please keep us posted.

Dan

Comment

WooHoo! maybe they can design a different 'spatula' that will be more gentle to the dashtop. very cool Peewee. glad to hear you're gonna get someone to look at it.

On a personal note - I put a new windshield in my pos during the rust repair thrashing ( i had to rebuild both a-pillars and the dashtop corners - so the old windshield had to come out...it was badly cracked anyway...) I used welding gloves and a BFH to remove my windshield and a Craftsman gasket scrapping tool with a ball peen hammer to remove the old sealer....very messy. but it is awsum to have a clean view out the windshield now. My glass came from Ryan's autoGlass and cost $156.00 ... jus sayin...
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                              WooHoo! maybe they can design a different 'spatula' that will be more gentle to the dashtop. very cool Peewee. glad to hear you're gonna get someone to look at it.

On a personal note - I put a new windshield in my pos during the rust repair thrashing ( i had to rebuild both a-pillars and the dashtop corners - so the old windshield had to come out...it was badly cracked anyway...) I used welding gloves and a BFH to remove my windshield and a Craftsman gasket scrapping tool with a ball peen hammer to remove the old sealer....very messy. but it is awsum to have a clean view out the windshield now. My glass came from Ryan's autoGlass and cost $156.00 ... jus sayin...

Well, I've never broken a windshield in my life, so I had no idea what a new one would cost. $1000?? I had no idea.

The thing is, SafeLite is in cahoots with all of the insurance companies, I mean in bed with them, so they are the default go-to folks. But our deductible is $500, so we paid out of pocket for Red's new face. It was a little over $300 for the Mustang windshield with the pony on it. It would have been about $200 for a plain glass one without the pony. Delivered, installed, in our driveway.

And now, if they admit they damaged Red's dash during the procedure, they are talking like they'll replace his dashboard. Or fix it.

They've been out here three times already. I'm hard to convince, but I think they value their reputation a mighty whole lot. From a company standpoint I'll bet they've already lost money on this job. The cost of gas alone to come here from Chattanooga.

Comment

Working...
                              X