Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got speeders in your neighborhood? Here's a way to deal with them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a teenage girl that lives at the end of our street, she drives fine, it's her friends that we have a problem with.
    Last summer, my neighbour across the street and me would park our cars leaving just enough room for a car to squeek by slowly.
    He told me we couldn't do that anymore, I guess while I was gone a kid went through at 20 mph or so bearly missing the parked cars.
    He went down to talk to them and the cops got called, appearently we would be the ones getting tickets. My wife is friends with her Mom and has even said a few things to them, but it has no effect either. It's ashame because not counting our kids there are about 8 others that live on this same dead end street. She is leaving for college this fall and we are probably looking forward to it more than they are.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss 2 View Post
      always wanted to tie a stuffed dog or cat to a string and pull it across the road when the speeders go by

a few people have ended up in the ditch too because i live on a corner

I'll shamefully admit years ago we did that with a fishing pole and a dead squirrel. My adult self is now thankful I didn't cause an accident. But the memory of the dead squirrel "running" across the road is still hillarious.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        I'm still thinking about the "roll a ball" approach. That's good, but where would you hide so they couldn't see you but you could see them coming? In a neighborhood, that would be tough.
        across the street from my house is all woods so i can just hide out there and you can hear people coming, and on my front lawn there is a small group of trees that i could hide in too to get them coming from the other direction
        formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
        http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Working...
        X