Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got speeders in your neighborhood? Here's a way to deal with them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got speeders in your neighborhood? Here's a way to deal with them...

Hoist their car into a tree...

Still plays with trucks....

For the WIN! I like that, no license either and the police tell him it's HIS responsibility to get the car down. Awesome!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

All it took for me to slow down in my neighborhood was someone standing in their front yard yelling at me " SLOW DOWN!! " and I realized I don't need to be going 40 through here... People have pets and kids...

Comment

I live on a very straight road (1/2 mile long) and I"m the first house in the subdivision. Cars pass my house (20mph zone) at 50 plus at times. There is a Children at play drive slow sign... yet they don't obey. It is very frustrating. I'm all in favor of driving as fast as conditions allow. 100mph on open Interstate? Go for it! Neighborhoods? Obey the limit!
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

I have a four lane speedway in front of my house. Cars and bikes race from stoplight to stoplight morning, noon, and night. I've complained to the cops, and they tell me it's too dangerous to pull over speeders on my street because of the constant traffic. NO SHIT! It's too dangerous because you won't do your frickin job!
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
            I live on a very straight road (1/2 mile long) and I"m the first house in the subdivision. Cars pass my house (20mph zone) at 50 plus at times. There is a Children at play drive slow sign... yet they don't obey. It is very frustrating. I'm all in favor of driving as fast as conditions allow. 100mph on open Interstate? Go for it! Neighborhoods? Obey the limit!
            Roll a basketball or soccer ball across the street when they come flying , it wont take to many times and they will slow down.

Comment

I get the tractor out and put another speed bump in the road. I make it kind of diagonal because it is a lot more uncomfortable on your body to go over a diagonal speed bump.
              Once some neighbors chased a guy out to the highway, caught him at the liquor store. Guy got out of his car with a chain like he was ready to rumble, he was no match for 3 male homeowners with kids and got his ass roundly kicked.
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                I get the tractor out and put another speed bump in the road. I make it kind of diagonal because it is a lot more uncomfortable on your body to go over a diagonal speed bump.
                Once some neighbors chased a guy out to the highway, caught him at the liquor store. Guy got out of his car with a chain like he was ready to rumble, he was no match for 3 male homeowners with kids and got his ass roundly kicked.

Funny, but that will get you shot in Florida.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
                  Roll a basketball or soccer ball across the street when they come flying , it wont take to many times and they will slow down.
                  Maybe I should take up lawn bowling
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
                    Ha! I'm gonna use that one.
                    Last edited by 455 LeMans; May 10, 2012, 02:36 PM.
                    Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                      Good one, Gail.

Comment

I have the same problem. Ours is a narrow two lane 35 mph street but it's also a short cut for people coming from and going to work. The problem arises when pulling out of our complex you can't see past the parallel parked cars. We've already had one car totaled and luckily no one killed yet by the idiots doing 50 down our street.
                        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

throw a baby doll out in the street or attach a doll to a skateboard and roll it out when they come wizzing by ......... worked for me after i was asked to stop throwing bricks into the street
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

always wanted to tie a stuffed dog or cat to a string and pull it across the road when the speeders go by

a few people have ended up in the ditch too because i live on a corner
                            formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                            http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss 2 View Post
                              always wanted to tie a stuffed dog or cat to a string and pull it across the road when the speeders go by

a few people have ended up in the ditch too because i live on a corner
                              I'm still thinking about the "roll a ball" approach. That's good, but where would you hide so they couldn't see you but you could see them coming? In a neighborhood, that would be tough.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X