July HRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July HRM

It's been sitting on the kitchen counter for a few days, finally opened it up.

DF's column this month, best ever. Yep, there it is. Praises, David. A great piece of writing.

And I can almost go one further - more than one guy I've heard from at work has a teenaged son who DOES NOT WANT A DRIVER'S LICENSE. Whhatttt the Flying Heck is up with THAT?

So yeah, the world is going a different direction. Without us, all of us older folk.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I know the feeling. I have a gamer / hipster son thats 16. Likes camaros but will not study the Indiana drivers manual. He loves riding around on his track bike ( looks like a ten speed type bike frame but only has one speed, can't coast because it won't free wheel . )
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Yep. A good one. I read the last two of his editorials before I even closed the mailbox.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The allure of adventure and freedom cars once offered us in our youth is being replaced. The social media and Internet offers escapism that youth can afford.. Sure, you can build a decent hotrod for a few Gs like car craft tried to demonstrate a few weeks ago, but they're not going to afford gas.. Add the fact that even more of the US population lives in urban centers where it takes 2 hours to travel anywhere and the allure of the car is being lost. We're even reading news stories of a possible near future when cars will have autopilot and is it really a stretch to believe that one day they'll all be GPS tracked to insure we obey limits and don't fit in any terroristic patterns? Granted, there are exceptions but it's not an optimistic future for the hotrodder car guy.
        Last edited by bishir; May 11, 2012, 08:06 PM.
        Powertour off/on since 2002
        sigpic

Comment

Got mine today, though it may have been sitting in the mailbox for a couple of days.......

Comment

Bishir... Sorry to say... Trucks already are checked for speeding from point to point via weigh stations...
            They figure at 55 mph from point A to point B takes X hours... Weigh in too soon... You get looked at pretty close.. Not sure if tickets are issued... My dad had a camograph readout (rpms ve time) where he drove nonstop for 28 hours, stopping for fuel every 500some miles... He called it the 24 hour beanie... Try that nowadays. They prolly throw the book and computer at ya

Comment

Working...
            X