Mother's Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day.

HAPPY MOTHER's day to all mothers in the BANG shift family!
    Enjoy your day

Guys: make it special for the mothers in your lives!
    Be it your mother or in law or mother of your child!
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; May 12, 2012, 11:08 AM.

Amen. Oddly enough, I wasn't all that crazy about my own mom, but I so deeply loved Sue Unit's mom. She left us for Heaven a few years ago. Yeah, now THAT was a mom. Whatta great lady she was.

It all goes back to a saying that I like - If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, who would you call today? So, why are you waiting?
    Last edited by pdub; May 12, 2012, 03:03 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I feel kinda bad that Kingsford and I won't be able to do much to honor his Mom-Person this year as I'm currently unable to drive (under the influence of drugs). So I guess it'll be a Jacqui Lawson card and a rain check. Still, she knows The Boy loves her as do I.

Dan

Comment

This is always a weird day for me, my mother died when I was 13, over 40 years ago. I barely remember having a mother.
        Last edited by 455 LeMans; May 12, 2012, 05:12 PM.
        Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Originally posted by 455 LeMans View Post
          This is always a weird day for me, my mother died when I was 14, over 40 years ago. I barely remember having a mother.
          Sorry to hear that... Must have been rough..
          Still you have kids? And they have a mother

I also honor my kids mother on this day.. My own is 80... Makes things difficult sometimes..

Comment

If you still have your Mom, your kids mother, your grand kids mother, call them while you can..... Happy Mother's Day all my BS ladies......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I can't thank my Mother enough. If it wasn't for her intuition, I never would've made it to 20 years old. She literally saved my life that night. Happy Mother's Day Mom.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Sorry to hear that... Must have been rough..
                Still you have kids? And they have a mother

I also honor my kids mother on this day.. My own is 80... Makes things difficult sometimes..
                I have no kids other than a 27 year old stepson... A little rough at first, but I've had a great life. I married a great woman.
                Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Originally posted by 455 LeMans View Post
                  This is always a weird day for me, my mother died when I was 14, over 40 years ago. I barely remember having a mother.
                  I can relate, my own died when I was 19..it has been twenty. Weren't seeing much of each other after I turned 13 or so.

this year, I took my ailing ricer with its 25 year engine for its last original engined ride to clean up the gravesite.

670 miles. She was adventurous like that, would have gotten a kick out of that journey.

it is to leave off when things were living.

enjoy mothers day, for whatever the personal approach. it is not a set in stone tradition.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Sadly, my mother passed away 12 years ago and no grandmothers alive either. The wife and I split the sheets a few weeks ago so I don't have to worry about her mother, besides, she's a jehovah witness and doesn't do holidays. Saves on gifts.

Comment

I'm the person I am because of my mother. Funny thing, I had to track her down today to tell her happy mothers day. She decided to jump into her Caddy and drive to Fort Worth (90 miles, and she's 73) to hang out with my Aunt. She does more road trips than I do.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                      X