Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting 66 Galaxie on eBay .... Factory 410 cu in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 66 Galaxie on eBay .... Factory 410 cu in??

Learn something new every day...Gotta be the rarest combo out there apart form the 1 of 1 67 428 4 speed wagon and the 1 of 1 63 406 lightweight 4dr...

Rare one for sure..410 should be Merc engine..why they didnt want a 390 or a 428,is strange..same engine,basically..410 is a 428 with 390 crank..i think.

67 Galaxie XL convertible with 427 and 4 speed,is also rare..2 built,i think..

And 67 LTD 2 door hardtop with 427..3 built.

Comment

I missed a part of the ad.

Would make a really cool retro moonshine tanker car.
      Last edited by Scott Liggett; May 13, 2012, 03:35 PM.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Could be wrong but I thought the 410 was a '63 only engine. I wouldn't put any money on that, though.

Dan

Comment

I don't know, wrong engine, two door, 3 speed manual. Maybe a jailer car or special travel or event car.

Comment

I think it's pretty damn cool.........and those grounding
            straps!!

While not a real desirable body style.....would look awesome restored.

I put it on my watch list.....curious.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

From what I know the 410 was 66 only, maybe 67, but Mercury specific..... Maybe it was considered a cheap alternative to the 428 and a step up from the 390... Would have required anything different component wise to drop the 410 in the car so its very well feasible. Have also heard of Cop spec 4 door 66 galaxies that had the 428 P.I. engines and 3 on the tree...never seen one however!
              Last edited by zombie289; May 13, 2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Keep in mind.......any thing was possible back in
                the '60's.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

MEL ? Or Truck ? ...pretty car

Comment

410 is a MEL engine. Funny thing is, all the info I can find is that it was only used in 58 Edsels.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

410 was a FE Merc engine in 66-67 I think. It was real popular here as a pickup engine in the 70's and 80's. When you are at 4800' and above you need all the engine you can get in your 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                        410 is a MEL engine. Funny thing is, all the info I can find is that it was only used in 58 Edsels.
                        The 410 FE in this car is a mercury specific 390 based engine that used the 428 crank.
                        Last edited by zombie289; May 13, 2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I'm not a ford guy, (hey, I'm starting to be) but I'd rock that sucker. Had a few big chevy/big motor
                          combos that were pure fun. Back in the day, the cool guys had the camaro's and stang's with the
                          "Motors" but that light stuff didn't always hook so well on the street. Oh they'd be pissed when a big
                          car would pull out, and stay out, on 'em. lol
                          Any predictions what that will sell for? I have to go back and look again, but I bet that price gets driven
                          up!

Comment

The 410ci mill was used in 66' and 67' Mercs. Same 4.05" bore as the 390ci mill, with the same crank as a 428ci (3.98") = 410ci.
                            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Interesting car. Funny looking back but since it's a police car I wonder why stuck 3" drums on instead of the 12" Thunderbird 4 piston disc brakes? They also used those discs on the Galaxy.
                              Last edited by Huskinhano; May 14, 2012, 09:15 PM.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X