Does anyone know what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know what this is?

It's going to be my project for the day. I'm going to clean it up and plug it in and see if it works.
    It's been a while since I've seen one, I've been a fan of these since I worked for Tom Conway and he showed me how he used it. Before that I thought they were cheap gimmicks. They go for around $3500 but this one appears to be missing a few parts. I have a few more pics that will give it away that I'll post in a few minutes.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

sand blast. heavy grit?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It's been a long time, but that's definitely is a Dingle Berry remover............
      Last edited by TC; May 14, 2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Rare horizontal cotton candy machine.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It probably would remove a few dingleberrys if you wern't careful, maybe these pics will help.
          Attached Files
          Originally posted by TC

Comment

I was close with my thinking it might be a quick&dirty trackside flywheel-truingdevice or something.
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Clutch resurfacing machine.......

Comment

clutch plate regeneratorizer...
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I call them "Ray Frank's machines" but yeah, it's a clutch disk "grainer" or resurfacer. Instead of cutting them smooth it puts little groves like an old record-player. It can actually be used as a tuning device, by graining the disks in different ways you can make the disks wear in different ways to allow the clutch fingers to come out faster or slower. If you know how to use it it helps with where the clutch locks up......Now, compare what a top fuel guy can do by pushing a few buttons, with what we have to do and all the ways to mechanialy control the clutch. lol
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

Hydrostatic frambambulator. Haven't seen one in years.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      Hydrostatic frambambulator. Haven't seen one in years.

Dan
                      Goes to show what an "off the shelf" or "in stock" culture we have become....

Interesting to wonder.... Would there be as many drag racers (or any racers) if not for the in stock, on hand parts we have now and everybody had to resurface their own clutches or whatnot?

Comment

Only thing missing
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

My ADD is kicking in really bad today, I can't consentrate on just one project.
                          I got all the gunk off and did a few disks. It works pretty good but I'm missing the part(s) that lock the disk down. It's a little turn knob with a spring on it.....I'll probably have to make something.
                          I was actually thinking about polishing it...I figure it would be easier to blow all the dust off. lol
                          Attached Files
                          Originally posted by TC

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                            It's been a long time, but that's definitely is a Dingle Berry remover............
                            You fr@#*& made my day....
                            Jim T
                            Supercar Collectibles
                            www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Crap I was sure it was one of the old push style zamboni's
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X