Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The Fudge Is This Thing?

anyone?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Looks like a vacuum actuated heater control?

Heater hoses, hooked to core, and a vac hose.
    Aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Looks like a vacuum actuated heater control?

Heater hoses, hooked to core, and a vac hose.
      Aftermarket?
      X2 on the heater control valve......

What kind of car is that??.......
      Last edited by TC; May 14, 2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Looks like some kind of Dodge. A 1982 D-150?
        Last edited by A/Fuel; May 14, 2012, 09:35 AM.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I'll second the mopar (ignition box and ballast on firewall) and the heater control.

Since it has AC - I'm guessing the heater control shuts off flow of coolant to the heater core when the AC is on.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
            Looks like some kind of Dodge. A 1982 D-150?
            They still use York A/C compressors in '82??........

Comment

its a Plymouth Fury, from another forum...no one seems to have ever seen one...I thought it was one of those system flush tools they sold back in the day til I saw the vacuum line...what is the point of shutting off flow to the core if the ac is on?
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                They still use York A/C compressors in '82??........
                I don't know what a York compressor is.....
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  its a Plymouth Fury, from another forum...no one seems to have ever seen one...I thought it was one of those system flush tools they sold back in the day til I saw the vacuum line...what is the point of shutting off flow to the core if the ac is on?
                  what year??

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                    I don't know what a York compressor is.....
                    York compressors are really big rectangular shaped A/C compressors used back in the 60's and 70's.........

Comment

My Mercurys have the same kind of vacuum operated heater valve and they suck, no pun intended, I'd much rather have a cable.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

can this be disconnected and bypassed...is it needed?

its a 71 Fury
                        Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 14, 2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

You can remove it completely and either run the heater hoses straight into the core which means the heater will always be on. Or just hook the hoses together in a loop, usually what people do when the heater core rots out and starts to leak.

Comment

some after market a/c kits used the york compressors,, its a neat compressor..you can turn them into a air compressor pretty easy...my grandpa mounted one on a lawn mower frame ,mounted a electric motor with a pulley and belt.. had a 5gl air tank,,and a 100' extention cord..could air up tires in a few seconds..

Comment

Joe, if the heater core dosen't leak I'd try finding another valve, they're not that expensive $40? it's nice having a heater in an old car. The other problem is if it's like mine the slider switch on the dash is connected to vacuum manifold that directs it to solenoids and the heater valve. Mine is broken so what I have to do is open the hood and pull the vacuum hose off the "closed" port and stick it on the "open" port to let the coolant run through the core. If the heater core is leaking I'd just loop the hoses over and close the hood.

Comment

Working...
                              X