Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! The town we live in just passed a new sound ordinance. 60dB!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Here's a nice chart to compare db's.

http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html

they don't mention oxygen content, height from sea level, nothing.

even maine has a raping harley a mile away in certain atmospheres...
    what air does that? temperature is the other one.
    I think harleys like being rapists. not to be racist... harleys SUCK at all times locally. that is the number one source for exhaust laws...to this very day. All car engines attempt a balnce of at least some kind, and piping by law...even at their worst. be it the valley of a hill the 10000 residents innocently trying to live in. The harley is the worst of it.

I could guarantee tropical places don't even know why northern teir states go crazy over sound laws...nor the retards breaking laws in ways that can blow ear drums.

loud is loud.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

With all the Harleys going by all summer here I would be incensed if I got a ticket for my car being too loud. 60db is a loud fart, maybe the city is just looking for a way to get money like red light cameras do.

It makes me want to bring Old Ugly to town and do a big smoky outside the City Hall.

Comment

Nebraska used to have a decimel law for cars. Until someone got a decimel meter and measured cop cars. The states own vehicles failed. It was changed.

I'd grab a decimel meter and a go pro camera and start recording the city council's personal cars as they leave city hall. Then the police cars. I bet most will not pass. Youtube can do the rest.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I ordered a flip camcorder the other day. I have a friend that is pretty big into stereo competitions an he said he has a DB reader I can borrow. I also talked with the vice president of the car club that is having a show next weekend and it sounds like the got something going on.
          Time will tell.
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

All you have to do is get someone with a type 1 (type 2 is okay)Sound level meter and take it to their next town council meeting and show the jackasses they are talking louder then 60 dba in their meeting. Normal conversation is usually 55-70 db so another example of heads up asses and the plexiglass belly buttons fogged over so they can't see out!

Comment

make sure to check out a home ac unit? not sure how loud they are, but at night with 50 db could be an issue. if they are high, go to every city council members house and record. the go to council meeting and hit play. like somebody else said, let youtube do the rest. cant really see this being enforced or even lasting very long.

Comment

good--motorcycles and hotrods need cat converters too. noise is a selfish thing, like diesels. the silent outnumber you--a loud pipe is a cry for attention/help. it's always easier to just piss everyone off than be considerate.
                Todd

So son, did you learn how to believe today, or did you learn how to think? Ralph Nader, Sr.

Comment

my load cars have cat converters. my quite car is running a straight pipe

my lebaron is the loudest car i have it has the factory cat, glasspack resinator, and a turbo muffler 3" exhaust system
                  Last edited by Mater; May 18, 2012, 09:24 PM.
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Working...
                  X