Crusing in a classic is so much fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusing in a classic is so much fun

My brother had never ridden in my 66 Mustang so today we went to get Smash Bros at best buy. On the way there we passed a guy who runs constantly on Hwy 98 in Pensacola. He's usually carrying a small American flag, this time he had two. When we were coming up on him he stops running on the side of the highway, waves the flags and holds one out as we drive under it. In the car behind us were two Navy guys that I could see laughing and waving in my rear view. Later that day a SUV full of Marines passed us shouting and waving. Countless other people, all ages, all races, wave and smile at this car.

Of all the people that give the car attention I think it's a toss up between the kids and the military personel that I like the most. The kids aren't shy, they'll shout and laugh and wave. It's a kick to see their eyes light up. The military personel seem to have the same respect for the car that I have. She's part of American history but she's no museum piece.

Re: Crusing in a classic is so much fun

Cruising in a classic is so much fun

So true. New cars will never give the same enjoyment of an old car. (Unless there is at least 600 horsepower to play with perhaps ;D )

I was driving around in my '65 Chrysler300 convertible today and got the same responses from most kids and people.

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

damn thats beautiful...^^^

Comment

Love that color,'B-B-M.' Yeah,they just don't make 'em like THAT anymore :'( ;). ~OO6.

Comment

Your absolutely right, I've missed driving my Montego that served as my daily driver for years. It has been sitting in the back yard for a year and a half because of a few mechanical issues that never seemed to get fixed. Finally the "guilt" got to be too much,of all the cars I've owned this one had always been the most dependable. It's currently getting a "freshening up" and in a few weeks it will be hitting the streets again. I'll post some BEFORE and AFTER pic's soon! ;D
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
          X