Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablets

So, who else here is a tablet user?
    My laptop that I've been abusing since my junior year high school is finally starting to show it's age in that it no longer recognizes it's battery and it just falls behind on tasks that I needit to do. I looked at most of my computer usage, and I found that most of my time is spent using the computer for email, web browsing, and the occasional word document. Since I travel a lot now I thought that I would look for something more portable, so I just got a ASUS TF201 tablet and a dockable keyboard/extended battery for it. So far I am pretty pleased with it.

I use an iPad... Mainly is I can download "Purple" which is a video phone ..
    Negative with it is WIFI only... But where I gi, there s WIFI... Except derbys
    Have not been on the desktop since I got it...
    Also it does not load and show videos and links on some..
    I can watch most videos.
    Alot must be to my computerunsaavyness (dat a werd?)
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; May 17, 2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

All I use at home anymore is an iPad2. I use an MacBook Pro and some others at work (IT) but I don't ever feel like dragging them home anymore.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

We have an Ipad, love it.
        At my day job I support engineering servers, clients and applications all day, all on Linux/Unix servers and Winblows. The Ipad is the 'Easy button' for me at home.
        Admittedly, I have not messed with any other tablets.
        Last edited by mike343sharpstick; May 17, 2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I have only played with a few. I have a thing against Mac products. They work and do their job, but they just never seem to do what I want them to do. I have to use iMacs in one of our computer labs, and no matter how much I use them it just doesn't "click".

My lightweight portable desktop (laptop sans battery) started life with Vista, I switch to 7 last year while running ubuntu 11.04 on the second hard drive. I corrupted the windows boot files on the 7 drive (my bad on that one, I guess there are some things I should leave to my computer engineer friends). Now it runs Kubuntu 12.04 on one drive, ubuntu on another, and I am going to replace the unbuntu drive with either mint or fedora soon. I also have backtrack 5 loaded on a flash drive for when I need to do bad things.

Comment

I take two at night...

Comment

If you want a tablet that works with Windows 7, check out the Samsung Slate. I 've had one since Christmas and it's great. Comes with 7 Home Premium, but I upgraded to 7 Pro. 4gram and 128ghdd, has the tablet functions but runs Windows. Doesn't need a plan, but has wi-fi and I use a Verizon box so I have internet anywhere. Bought from CDW, but Amazon has them now. Comes with wireless keyboard, and docking station. Neat deal.

Comment

Oh, and I don't carry a laptop anymore. 2 lbs.

Comment

I got an iPad 2 the day it came out (March 11, 2011) and in the 434 days since, I've only been without it 1 day, I use it THAT much. Bryan can vouch for my love of zee precious In all honesty, it's been a lifesaver because before, my iPhone was my only way to get internet at home and BS on an iPhone bloooowwwwsss.
                  Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I am continually impressed by thing. It browses faster than my laptop, and makes checking my daily tasks a lot faster. Email? One quick swipe of the finger and I'm there. BS? One tap. Mine is a wifi-only tab, and I'm fine with that. It's rare that I'm out of range of wifi anyway. The interface is also insanely customisable. I just spent time setting it up just how I want it- I've tried setting up different laptops to work this well, and they don't come close. I can easily see myself using this as an organizational/note-taking tool, something my laptop was just never really good at. Maybe some annoyances will rear their heads later, but so far I am pretty happy. The real test will be seeing how it looks in two year with my abuse. It has already been pressed into shop use since I downloaded a CL350 maintenance manual.

Comment

I have an Asus EP121, it's a Windows Tablet and they say it's the worlds most powerful tablet......... I like it and so far I've had no problems with it........

It looks like this.....Has an I5 processor, 4 gigs of memory and a 64GB ssd drive........ Oh ya and it has USB ports..................

Last edited by TC; May 19, 2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X