Old guy p*ss and moan... "Old School" overusage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old guy p*ss and moan... "Old School" overusage

whaaa. I'm watching a comparison of LSx to Gen1 SBC and I just got torqued up over "old school" comments.

Old school? SBC? Damn, I must be old. I think Flathead is Old school.

whah. All hail Beecam.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Willy B is a punk .... everytime he puts that junk Mopar of his down the track, he oils or waters it down. Kinda ironic when he was @ the Pinks Arm Drop here and he oiled the track .... Dick Christianson didn't yell at him ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Gen 1 is lame ass, nothing cool about them. Seeing one in a car is yawn inducing, especially when they are stuck in everything at car shows. At least the LS engines make great power and get good mileage. Old school? Hardly unless you think back in the day means 1995 or so.

Comment

guys who use terms like "Gen 1" are prone to using terms like "old school" as well.

Some of us old guys who started out working on 283s never use those terms at all. That's kid talk.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

And I agree .... gen 1 has been done to death, but, its what I have and it runs well. My next will likely be an LS of some sort .... The gen1 is far from "oldschool".
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
            And I agree .... gen 1 has been done to death, but, its what I have and it runs well. My next will likely be an LS of some sort .... The gen1 is far from "oldschool".
            I like the old stuff.

changing how gaskets work and forgetting to give cylinders a seat is not exactly space age evolution.

although nitrile rubber is a lunatic.

ever see smaller than 64cc on a 350?...
            I would not try that on any block, but a first gen hung on for awhile.

frame breaker there...with a beautful idle.

these hard things. they are gone in any generation...
            except flathead. I do like the flathead. power numbers are useless.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

every SBC i have had has eather exploded or ate a valve

i must be doing something wrong lol
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Mater, I agree.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  guys who use terms like "Gen 1" are prone to using terms like "old school" as well.

Some of us old guys who started out working on 283s never use those terms at all. That's kid talk.

+1,000,000 (more kid talk)
                  "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

honda guys consider anything from the early 90's and down old school. anything pre-88 is really old school hahahahaha
                    formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                    http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

Only SBC I ever owned was a 267 in an 81 Buick Century beater that I had about 20 years ago. Hardly a shining example ... LOL

I call my Fox Mustang buildup "old school" because I am mostly using parts that were available in the late 80s / early 90s when modding those cars was just really starting to really hit its stride. In the grand scheme of hot rodding though, certainly NOT old school.

cheers
                      Ed
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I guess I'm "Old School". As far as I'm concerned anything "Old School" was manufactured with points and a generator. I see THAT as the big change in technology - computers and the like are just refinements.

Dan

Comment

I agree with you Dan, if it has points, condenser and carb it's old school. But I guess after we're gone there'll be a new old school. These kids today couldn't tune and engine by ear if their life depended on it. Way too many computers in the world today, but what do I know, I'm just Old School.
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I'm part of whatever school works.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's just a term people use to justify swap meet parts that no one wants any more.
                              Just say "this is what I got, and I'm having fun"
                              Originally posted by TC
                              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                              X