Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for the dog.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dahmit TONY - I'd bet the dog's farts are more musical.
      Last edited by Beagle; May 21, 2012, 06:55 PM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Dulcich, Juan called. He was real pissed. Yelling something about how your noisy truck busted up the chicken fight he and his chums were having. I'd suggest steering clear of his place for a while (unless you are interested in throwing some dough down on the chicken fights, he says you are always welcome to those).

Brian
        Brian, silly boy, I never bet on a cock fight unless I have a bird in the game. I'd say the same thing about dog fighting, but Bubbles is a softie.

Hey, you guys, don't bag on Bubbles. I do not even have any idea what kind of dog he is. Winter two years ago (maybe three) I saw a pack of wild dogs roving, and noticed there were pups, and noticed a nice white one. Stopped my truck and ran him down in an almond grove, and snatched him. Even being a wild dog, he was a good boy right from the start. My then 8 year old daughter named him 'Bubbles'. Best dog I've ever had.
        -dulcich

Beagle, I have some header muffler glasspacks, but the angle of the collector put them in the tranny cooler lines. Don't own a section where the shop and house is; actually it is just a quarter section square of country road I ran it on, 1/2 miles per side.
        Open headers are no big. Once in the '80s I ran my 440 Charger in Famoso at the old Musclecar Shootouts, and drove back to LA open headers. No problem. A few days later making wide open open header full quarter mile passes down Figueroa St in downtown LA while testing my Six Pack got me a brace of cops on motorcycles, a chase, and a sucessful escape (they were pretty far back when they engaged the pursuit), though the car was found where ditched and impounded. I would have got away clean, but a milk truck was blocking the alley so I had to run for it.
        Later just went the CHP (same station where 'CHIPS' location was shot) and asked for the duty Sargent and said some guy in the frat musta joy rided it. He had to give it back since there was no ID on the driver. Don't know if it would go down the same way these days.
        -dulcich
        Last edited by dulcich; May 21, 2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I do love a snotty pick-em-up truck....

There are a few older Furd farm trucks out here with massive turbo's and pretty engines...the bodys are a bit rough....they are my favorites at the show and shine/cruise nights.

and your dog, if I were to guess has some Aussie Sheppard in him/her...cool looking pup.
          Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 22, 2012, 06:50 AM.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Lets see some pics of this thing. When I moved in here there was a very rusty D100 shortbox with the leaning tower of power outback. I was going to do a build with it, since the frame was ok, but Dave decided scrap prices were just too damn high. Sad really, I have a 383/727 laying around and nothing to stuff them in.

Comment

Working...
            X