peewee Went to Court - All Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peewee Went to Court - All Day

Part of my on-duty deal this past week was a special assignment. My boss is/was intently interested in what a particular person was going to be sentenced with for the crimes he committed.

He wanted to know, first-hand instantly when and how this guy was penalized. I dunno, it's a secret and a mystery to me, but there I go to a courthouse in another county, waiting to report on this the guy's penalty.

Thursday evening I hurt my back doing yard work, I mean screaming pain. So there I sat Friday morning in the courtroom, wooden church pews, waiting for this guy's case to come by in General Sessions. I was squirming. I was grunting. Finally I stood up leaning on the back of the last pew trying to find some physical relief.

The court guard stopped the proceedings, I was in an odd-looking position - "Can I help you?"

"I'm just waiting. My back is killing me."

Okay, these seats are really hard.

The dude I was waiting on was there in the morning, made the roll call. Than he left, then after an hour and a half he came back and sat down in the crowd of folks to be booked-sentenced, then he left again.

I squirmed and grunted. "Lunchtime." Re-convene at 1:30.

At 1:30 it was me and two convicts' wives and three convicts in stripes and chains in the courtroom.

The cop lady was going through case-envelopes and pointed me out, "That must be Snyder back there in the red shirt."

Because I'd been there all day, outlasting all of the legal victims. It made sense, I must be Snyder. I have no idea what I was going to be accused of/sentenced for. NO, I am NOT Snyder.

The guy I was waiting for got away. His sentencing hearing was moved to the first week in July. I sat there for nothing and almost got booked myself.

In all, the whole scene reminded me of the bar room scene from the first Star Wars movie. And I almost got involved because I was there all day, and nobody in charge knew why.
    Last edited by pdub; May 21, 2012, 12:59 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That would suck, guilty by attendance - get him !!!!
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I've always said the HR guys are shifty-looking, apparently my colleagues believe so as well
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        I've always said the HR guys are shifty-looking, apparently my colleagues believe so as well
        Imagine how easy that would've been if I really wanted to go up the river....- Yeah, I'm Snyder! I've been waiting all day! What the hell ya got for me??!! Lemme see....baby stabber, father raper......Officer, cuff him!

Comment

You could do what a relative (who's now got her room and board covered for the next 3 to 5 years) - flip off the judge, the victims, her attorney and the DA immediately after the judge who, after listening to her sob story, told her "I'm giving you a break to get your stuff in order, but if there's a next time, I won't be so nice."

Funny, the Judge was a prophet lol
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It was sure a first time for me. Being in court. I mean, if you're a guest of honor, you sit until your name is called and then you go away (one way or another). But sitting there all day, seeing the whole bunch of folks who were "processed" that day, from start to finish.....

It was an eye-opener for sure. Lots of folks in trouble for a whole lot of things.
            Last edited by pdub; May 21, 2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I don't really get how your boss can send you off campus all day for a personal reason like seeing what sentence some guy gets...
              People her have gotten called on the carpet for getting coffee for meetings..."If you want coffee get it before hand and do not have your assistant do it!"
              Last edited by LORENSWIFE; May 21, 2012, 03:20 PM.
              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                I don't really get how your boss can send you off campus all day for a personal reason like seeing what sentence some guy gets...
                People her have gotten called on the carpet for getting coffee for meetings..."If you want coffee get it before hand and do not have your assistant do it!"
                Apparently I'm into the system a little deeper than that, and I didn't even know...

Comment

It's easy enough to find out. The court systems are on the internet now. If you know the case number, you can look up all the info on the case including the victim's names. My guess bossman has a family member that had a bad meeting with mr bad guy.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

a kid i went to high school with had a green nova with 5 slot rims. I had a green ventura with aluminum dakota rims. he and his scumbag friends robbed a grocery store in college corner indiana. 6 mo.'s later an incompetant oxford ohio police detective put two and two together and came up with 7... and i was lucky 7.... they came at 2am and pushed my girlfriend down in the mud, beat the fire out of me for no reason and took me to butler co. jail. then they exdradited me to the state of indiana, charged me with felony burglary. My family believed the cops rather than me, (cops don't make mistakes right?) so when they finally figured out the mistake and released me, some of 'em still didn't believe me when i told 'em i was inoccent. Lost my girl, was evicted from my home, got fired from my job, and they impounded my car and stole all my tools from inside of it. and then they told me you can't sue for false arrest unless you can prove that they did it out of spite (so to speak).... no malpractice when it comes to cops.....and its still on my record to this day even after two attempts and thousands spent in mouthpiece fees to have it expunged...

Be very very glad you weren't "snyder".
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Damn.

Comment

INTROOOOOODUUUUUUCINGGGGG. PEEEEEWEEEE SNYYYYYYDER!

CLICK-CLICK-plop....dragggggg

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          INTROOOOOODUUUUUUCINGGGGG. PEEEEEWEEEE SNYYYYYYDER!

CLICK-CLICK-plop....dragggggg

Lol

Yeah, CLICK-CLICK. It must be that in eastern Tennessee, pink handcuffs for the prisoners are in vogue. All of the guys in stripes and chains had the pink handcuffs. Available at an adult novelty shop near you, or free of charge from the county jail. Whichever way you want to get them.

Comment

Working...
                          X