Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST programmer/chip for 99 7.3 PSD/6 SPD...Towing/Mileage...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST programmer/chip for 99 7.3 PSD/6 SPD...Towing/Mileage...

I've made the decision to install a chip or programmer in my CC Dually... I dont want something too over the top...just a little better boost to help tow 25K lbs ...the month of June we'll only be home 10 days...the rest of the time will be in Texas...Bakersfield and Denver racing...about 7,000 miles of towing from California total.
    So lets hear what you guys are running and KNOW works...here's the one I'm about ready to buy...but please chime in.
    Thanks
    TS Performance 6 Position Chip for 1995-2003 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L diesel trucks is now available at Thoroughbred Diesel.
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Check with Beans diesel performance out of Tennessee before you buy, those guys have been doing this stuff a long time.

Beans Diesel Bean Machine designs and produces all of it's performance diesel truck parts in house with the latest technologies in CNC machinery and CAD software.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Ron;I have not done my truck yet but my neighbors 2002,F350,7.3 uses a DP Tuner,they are custom made to YOUR needs! You can e-mail James at [email protected] ,they can do a 24 hour turn around if you an order by 10AM Mountain time.I have not done mine yet as I had to have my trans rebuilt then last week a carrier bearing went bad and took out the carrier!!!!! Check out the Diesel Stop web site,great active site for diesels and they have a 7.3 section,very good place to find a lot of information!!! ROY.
      Real Race Cars Have THREE Pedals!

Comment

This probably won't be of much help beings you have one of those damned Fords (OK, I'm sorry) but I put an Edge Evolution on my 06 Duramax and it took the tow mpg from just under 10 mpg to 13.5 mpg. My trailer probably weighs on the top side of 12,000 lbs.
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I use the sct handheld in my 01 7.3. Mileage went up 2-3 mpg as did power.
          used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Tony Wildman burns a lot of PSD chips - I believe his shop is in Fort Worth if you are close to that. You might check into reburns in the event you make more mods down the road.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
            X