Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A/C Evaporator cleaning products question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Evaporator cleaning products question......

The A/C on my 99 Ford F 350 has been having issues and we tracked it down to a nasty clogged evaporator. My buddy says they make a foam that you shoot into it that will eat the crud off and make it smell better too....
    Since we're racing in Texas in a few weeks decided I need it working top notch for Texas in JUNE....LOL

So...tell me how to restore the air flow to my evaporator please....

Thanks
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

It look like this?

I used a garden hose, but I assume your's is in the truck still and fully charged? I've never seen anything meant for it. It was caked on decently, but wouldn't doubt if there were something that dissolved it.

All clean.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

BG products makes some stuff I just used on my Monte Carlo. Tell ya the truth it smell like glass cleaner.Mine really wasnt that dirty either.

Comment

they only do that when they LEAK

Comment

They make several products to clean evaps at least from a commercial standpoint that you could probably use, I forget the names. Some you'll have to wash down with water which really isn't to practical and others that are more antibacterial which is probably what you'll need to get rid of the odors. I'm thinking you're going to have to remove housings for it to access and clean it though. Some of the cleaners are acidic to remove oxidation and make the evap work more efficiently. We use to use a 10% solution of water and bleach to clean out bacteria.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
          X