No announcement yet.

Tony Stark's got nothing on this dude!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Stark's got nothing on this dude!

So, you find yourself deep in the desert and your Citrone breaks down. What do you do? You sit there, then you die a slow, agonizingly painful death and become food for the local scavengers. Thats what YOU do. Not this guy, this guy makes MacGyver look like a hack. With basic hand tools he rebuilt his fine piece of French engineering into a even more useful and, IMHO better looking mode of transportation.

As many of you have pointed out in the comments, this actually happened quite a few years ago, way back in 1993. But it's still a fantastic story, and if you only follow Iron Man's adventures in the movies, it actually makes Tony Stark seem like a fictional version of Emile Leray.

Last edited by JOES66FURY; May 23, 2012, 02:33 PM.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I've been proven wrong, I said that (outside of crushing and making into a Kia) Citroens were useless. Here's what's even more sad (being wrong about a Citroen is pretty bad in itself) - I know which Citroen those parts came from, the 2CV, known by the French as the Deux Cheveau - translated - the 2 horse.

maybe this is worse? I had a girlfriend in France with one of those cars - I could be mean about that, but suffice to say the 2CV had more curves then she did
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

something is just not to be believed.

I can't place it yet.

breaking a swing arm and frame.. I'd be using steering linkage to fix it and tugging at strings raher than go as far as this insanity. why not grab a chuink of a-pillar and fix it.

african sun, tiny gas tank..knowing he had to unhook lines is a sure loss of alot of precious stuff.

I call bullshit.

the only thing that made sense was he had to ride backwards due to the way he compiled it...analogous.

you know what, my own superhero story has a broken swing arm and a ten geared boxer.. I drove it home on three wheels...one dragging sideways.

this story sucks.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 23, 2012, 11:17 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Here are some more pics...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

If you drive a Citroen 2CV deep into the desert, you deserve what ever happens to you.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I don't speak French but I got the 20 km/h MAX part. 12.4 something MPH. He'll be in the desert a long damn time, but I bet it got SCREAMING mileage.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hey, blame Joe........ I didn't want to see a Citroen either.....
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

thank goodness he brought along his banana hammock!

Comment

"Translation for the pictures:

The chassis was reduced to the central part, the front and back (longerons) have been taken off

Roller transmission: the brake drum is in vertical alignment with the back wheel, the rotation direction requires to drive in reverse, at 20km/h max

The seat was made from the extremity of the back bumper wrapped in the fabric of the dashboard, assembled with orange adhesive for the best effect.

The right drum is blocked so that the differential distributes all the power on the left.

The front steering wheel is the only one to profit from a suspension pot.

The handlebar is made of the lifter, emptied from its mechanism. On this solid piece are fixed the clutch command and the two electrical contacts: power supply for the ignition and starter.

The license plate isn't superfluous, especially on this sort of prototype. It hasn't however stopped a fine for "offense of importing a non-conform vehicle".

The filling pipe will be transformed into a stand, essential, considering the weight of the machine.
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.
                  "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                  Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                  X