One Big Pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Big Pig

So Gail mastered killing the chicken. YAY Gail! I've cleaned a lot of fish in my life, but gutting a mammal...I dunno, I'd get squeemish for sure. Because I haven't done it, not a hunter per se. A fisherman in another life, yes, raised that way.

Going through the inbox, thanks Deaf Bob! Whatta load of great stuff. I'll get to it, sure will. Venchly. Patience - the hospitals are full of em.

Lisa in WV sent this one, and she'd already sent it some years and months ago. First, the guy looks so much like Alan Alda to me...that's not him.

How big can a pig get? A wild assed run-through-your-car-door-in-a-fit-of rage-big?

The photo and a link below that to a few more on my site.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BigBoar1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	878665

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Mmmmm. Bacon. One freaking ton of bacon.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

wow.

I read that one makes it into all sausage..about 500-700 pounds for a half ton of animal.

is the meat kinda sour in the big animal?

they get big not needing to stay feisty like a young one. scares everything away by sight.

it is like that with alot of animals. veal from cows, young tenderloin etc.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

i have yet to hunt wild boar,,,, on my bucket list,,from what my buddies tell me after they get over 150 lbs they get real tough and very gamey.....they kill smaller ones to eat...
        as for gutting,,,none of them smell very good....a gut shot deer is about as bad as anything .....

Comment

Looks like one of them Hogzillas I saw on the TV.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

That would be a hellava thing to accidentally encounter in the woods.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
              bad time for a chinese sword.

I was thinking an animal that is only good eating as large is a moose meat.

the young ones have less lard to fight off swamp parasitical stuff.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

I was thinking an animal that is only good eating as large is a moose meat.
                I have to agree here...man, I do love some moose..how can you argue with 2 6ft long tender loins...hmmmm, and they are not gamey, just super lean. man, I need to move north.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  I have to agree here...man, I do love some moose..how can you argue with 2 6ft long tender loins...hmmmm, and they are not gamey, just super lean. man, I need to move north.
                  I only got to try a small piece. very bland of course. cold weather veggies they suck on in the swamps. seemed hollow..non amino.

interesting story with that.. some of my neighbors were old school, dialect, hunting knowledge. even poaching..as if it were a great depression. Hardly called it criminal. Most of them have passed on, won't be seeing it again.

wrong time for any animal, and a correct one. Seems scarce, and unmotivating to pretend it is all good today.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                    Honestly.... You meet one...whatcha do?
                    1. Yell like a banshee and kill it bare handed
                    2. Scream like a girl, running away like one?
                    3. Stand there frozen except your bladder?
                    4. What we all like to think we do...calmly take out the .44 strapped to your hip and shoot it between the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X