Hope Forum Members are safe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Forum Members are safe...

I see were a tornado touched down in Wilmington, NC about an hour and a half ago. Dan Stokes -- you okay? Also tornado sighted near Charleston, SC, I think we have a forum member there hope they are alright. Tornadoes all over the country over the last few days -- is everybody okay?

Re: Hope Forum Members are safe...

I hope Dans ok, my buddy Tom Crisp lives near Charleston, hope he's ok too.

Comment

I didn't hear about that. My buddy is moving his daughter down to Hilton Head tomorrow. Hope everyone is OK.
      Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Just drove up to Va Beach from the New Bern NC area. Left early enough to miss the bad stuff. Pretty gnarly here for the last couple of hours.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

We're fine - I was out in the shop and worked thru it. It must have been across town or something - I'll check the news tomorrow morning. Thanks for your concern, but all is fine.

Dan

Comment

The news said it was in Ogden, the part of town where we live. I was working with the overhead door open and I didn't hear anything aside from a thunderstorm. I've been looking for damage as I drive around, but didn't see anything where I was traveling. So I dunno.....

Dan

Comment

I saw this morning that the town of Maysville, NC, near Jacksonville and Camp Lejune, got hit pretty hard by a tornado. Fortunately nobody seriously hurt.

Comment

Dan,
                your creating a Vortex repler. I always thought you were doing something else in that Garage other than the Buzz Bomb. All you Crazy Scientist are that way. Is it Government Funded ?

Comment

Don't I wish! Actually, I've been considering getting a government-funded study to determine the ultimate value of a "shitload". It's a universal measure, accepted across our nation, and perhaps around the world, but no one knows exactly how much it is. I'm guessing it has something to do with either mass or volume. For example, a shitload of castles might be as few as 3 or 4, but a shitload of BBs would be in the thousands. I can't say more or one of you might steal my gov funding.

Dan

Comment

It might take a shitload of money to fund that project, Dan. :o

Glad to see it looks like everyone is safe. Nobody from China on this board? ;D I here they're not doing so good the last couple of days. :'(

Comment

I can oply help you Just a Piece from yonder here. Remember to Call me when you run!!!!
                      We have been having Bad weather here in Arkansas lately to. The Tornados are nothing to mess with. My Brother-In-Law is the Mayor so he is always on Call for all of this stuff. He is also one of the Head dudes for FEMA, to add to his list of Crapp.

Comment

It's common here in Oklahoma this time of year. We've been hit by four or five a week for the last month. The weather gurus say the center of activity this year is focused more east than normal. You guys can probably expect a few more of these in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          We're fine - I was out in the shop and worked thru it. It must have been across town or something - I'll check the news tomorrow morning. Thanks for your concern, but all is fine.

Dan
                          Dan,

They make these little weather radio thingies. Put one in the shop!
                          Well worth it. It may go off when it doesn't need but better being safe!
                          We have one in the shop, well worth it. Plus you can listen to the weather
                          and plan for racing....

Comment

We have one in the house. The only problem with it is that we haven't been able to figure out which channel to put it on. Seems to be top secret, for some reason. We'll drag it down to the fire station and get 'em to help us idiots.

Dan

Comment

Good deal Dan stay safe!

Comment

Working...
                              X