No announcement yet.

PEEWEE is the fastest thing on wheels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEEWEE is the fastest thing on wheels!

If this has been posted before I missed it. Was looking at the records from the April ECTA and look who came out on top in Unblown Fuel Super Street!

Car #9864, Class - D/FSS, Entry- Weeville Racing Driver- PeeWee, Apr-12 139.447 mph!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Whoo hoo! Damn fine job p.dub!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I think it was rigged - I didn't see another car there in that class. The class record at Maxton was the mid-150's I think, so it won't last. But I've got the video, by golly, and the Red pics that Mike took. Prizes I'll never let go of.

EDIT: Russell, it was great to meet you up there, albeit I was tired from driving and pretty much whooped at the end of the day. "Seeya tomorrow" was all my brain could come up with. In good circumstances, I'm a whole lot more social than that, just to let ya know.

And thanks for the post. I just got a call from Matt and all he wanted to say was, "Man, I didn't KNOW you're a record holder!"

Like, behold Awesome peewee.

Naw. But yeah, it worked out that way. My boss at work said he figured I'd get a bunch of speeding tickets after the event. His logic was, if you go 140, how can you stand to do 75 on the highway in the same car?

It had the reverse effect on me. NOW I know what Red will do, balls out, no fear no doubt. Now I know what's "in there," so I sure don't need to do that on the highway out of curiosity to see what he'll do.

And as a followup to a months-old thread - I was concerned about the car "floating," getting light above 110...that was the cheap tires that were on the car when I bought it that caused that effect. Speed-rated tires (at an extreme cost) fixed that entirely.

WHAM - one item hits the bucket, as in "list."

Thanks guys for all of your support and interest in me and Red making the speed run. Thanks indeed. This (BangShift) is entirely a great place to hang out.
      Last edited by pdub; May 25, 2012, 01:43 PM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

so what are the plans to defend your record?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

well you can say you were the first to hold the record in that class, congrats
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            so what are the plans to defend your record?
            My elaborate plans to defend the record are exactly none whatsoever. It was a moment in time. I cheated history, in the record books at least.

EDIT: Heck, from that event, and don't ever forget - Dan Stokes has the world's fastest diesel pickup truck at 107. Now THAT'S a record to shoot for, and don't have a cab full of shit when you pull up to the line!
            Last edited by pdub; May 25, 2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Awesome, dude!

Now who was that ol' nuisance who used to come on here and say you weren't a real car guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                Awesome, dude!

Now who was that ol' nuisance who used to come on here and say you weren't a real car guy?
                Well...uhhhh...That was quite a while and a lot of things ago...that musta been me. But I still don't know how to build or fix one. I'm not proud, I kneel to the authorities of wrench-hood, always.

Comment

Nice job Peewee!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                  X