WTF!!!!!!!!! Is Wrong With This Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF!!!!!!!!! Is Wrong With This Site

Brain, Chad........ FIRE YOUR WEBSITE MECHANICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This crap with our posts not updating is getting old and is making posting here unbearable....... Like right now the site seems to be lagging about a half hour behind on the posts, meaning you post it and it doesn't show up for a half hour on the main page.............. Makes for discussing things pretty hard or worse an all day event..........

If I was such a Conspiracy Theorist I would think HotRod is hacking your site and slowing things down, because you guys are taking their readers away........... But then with the current content in HR I can see why people aren't reading it............ In fact most of the stuff they have been covering lately shouldn't even be in that Mag......Seems DF may be a bit overwhelmed and some of the Hot Rod Deluxe fodder is making it's way into the HotRod..............

I think there's a cookie problem TC. It's a holiday weekend, I'm sure it'll get fixed next week.

Use the Advanced Search and Posts since your last visit... but if you've read the page already, you still have to F5 the page. Yep, irritating as hell.
    Last edited by Beagle; May 27, 2012, 07:37 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

TC, this hotrod site is not a hotrod right now.

I miraculously discovered that on my own like two days ago. And then I got nailed to the wall trying to update my own website..

I thought years ago, a deep profound thought, many years ago....someday the internet will be like the telephone. It'll always be there, count on it. No, not yet. It's fun to mess with, though. When it works. Especially when it works right.

I don't think we're there yet, despite all the advances everywhere else.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Yeah ... I want a refund!

LOL!!!!
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Yeah ... I want a refund!

LOL!!!!
          Will you split it with me? I mean, I'm PAYING some amount to keep my site online. There's gotta be some justice somewhere.

Comment

No problems here with the website, and I think the new Hot Rod magazines are the best in years.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              No problems here with the website, and I think the new Hot Rod magazines are the best in years.

Stude, you must be on a plasma connection or something. I mean, yeah BS is sure running poorly. But it's not worth dying for. Tomorrow will be another day.

Comment

I haven't noticed any issues. Every time I've posted it's come up immediately.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

there have been major problems with hackers this weekend.... slows everything down
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    Brain, Chad........ FIRE YOUR WEBSITE MECHANICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was such a Conspiracy Theorist I would think HotRod is hacking your site and slowing things down, because you guys are taking their readers away........... But then with the current content in HR I can see why people aren't reading it............ In fact most of the stuff they have been covering lately shouldn't even be in that Mag......Seems DF may be a bit overwhelmed and some of the Hot Rod Deluxe fodder is making it's way into the HotRod..............
                    Thanks for working that all out for us in advance, TC...

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                      Thanks for working that all out for us in advance, TC...
                      Ya know Loren, I read TC's post, but it didn't really sink in immediately. Yeah, upon re-reading it, yeah, I do sure love a great mystery, a conspiracy theory. I think that's what it is. That's a lot more entertaining than just a slow computer link, at least. Yeah, I'll buy that. I'm in. It'll sell commercials. Air time. Sure will.

Comment

Alright I, did a complete clean of my computer, lets see if this post shows up....... Right now it is 12:52......

Comment

It took about a minute, then showed up in the General Discussion part, but when I clicked on this thread my post was not posted...... Like this one will be......

Comment

Yap I post my response, hit Post Quick Reply, I hit the General Discussion link above, it shows my post as being posted but when I click on this thread NO POST, and I've already posted twice before this one......... Guess it's not on my end.........

Comment

Well as of 1:27 none of my previous posts have shown up in this thread..........Though it does show me posting in the thread on the General Discussion main page, but it doesn't show up one the Main Forum page......... Fire, Fire, Fire!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X