Yenko Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yenko Question.

How rare are the 69s? Did they swap any 427s into post Chevelles? Whats the ballpark value on them these days?

It's a mystery to exact numbers. Some say a total of around a 1000 including Camaro's.

Values are very dependent on matching numbers, paperwork, and condition. Six figures on the high end for #1 condition.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; June 2, 2012, 01:18 AM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

all your questions answered here: http://www.yenko.net/

I owned a 69 COPO chevelle from 1974 to 1985-sold new in Columbus, Ohio. I drove it from Ohio to SoCal in 1981. Sold it with 11,000 mles and showroom condition in 1985 for 10K at the Pomona swap meet. Last I heard it was in New Jersey. It ran 11.70s with some chassis prep and 9 inch slicks. I was the second owner and the guy I bought it from also had a yellow Yenko 69 427 Camaro sitting next to it. I paid 1800 for it-the oil embargo of 73 was upon us and the muscle dcar years were dying...what a deal for a fantastic car-I obviously wish I still had it!
      Last edited by stage1scott; June 2, 2012, 06:45 AM.
      67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
      05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott View Post

I owned a 69 COPO chevelle from 1974 to 1985-sold new in Columbus, Ohio. I drove it from Ohio to SoCal in 1981. Sold it with 11,000 mles and showroom condition in 1985 for 10K at the Pomona swap meet. Last I heard it was in New Jersey. It ran 11.70s with some chassis prep and 9 inch slicks. I was the second owner and the guy I bought it from also had a yellow Yenko 69 427 Camaro sitting next to it. I paid 1800 for it-the oil embargo of 73 was upon us and the muscle dcar years were dying...what a deal for a fantastic car-I obviously wish I still had it!
        yeah, if we knew now.... my garage would have been filled up with all of Shelby's "junk" race cars.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Hey, your avatar's not bouncing

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            How rare are the 69s? Did they swap any 427s into post Chevelles? Whats the ballpark value on them these days?
            Based on the literature I have... "Yenko purchased ninety-nine COPO Chevelles in 1969 for conversion into Yenko Super Cars." They were not post Chevelles; nor were they Super Sports, although they did include some SS equipment.

What are they worth? I suspect whatever someone's willing to pay. A legit Yenko, in top shape?... +$200k? I think the only thing that may hold down its value is that it wasn't a 1970 (which commands the most dollars in the Chevelle world).
            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

The reason I ask, is I dont know much about them other than it was a dealer installed thing, and someone on another forum was saying they are multi million dollar cars and only 6 were left. So I was wondering where the hell he got his info I never heard anything about extremely low production, like Hemi Cuda verts kind of low. The pic in question looks like a nice black 69 Malibu post with a Yenko stripe and some Cragar SST wheels. There are only a few muscle cars that go into the millions, and that is more a case of people with more money than brains instead of actual value. Shelby 427 Cobra would probably be a million value, give or take....

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

I've seen more than six of them in mags covering Pigeon Forge Inventational.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

A buddy built a 69 YSC Camaro clone...
                  He ALWAYS was up front that it is a clone..
                  Stripes, paint, big block, carpets, and floor mats were repops..
                  Big block was a 502...
                  Sold with very very few miles on it to remodel his house got $35K..
                  We all hope it does not be passed off as the real McCoy sometime down the road... It was that good...rode like a brand new 69 Camaro, which is what it actually was when he was done..

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
                    Hey, your avatar's not bouncing
                    THE "NEW" V bulletin shitty software will not accomodate the bouncing avatars and everyone I pmd and emailed about it for months completely ignored me-so-I guess this is now a pg site. Oh yeah, not to be singling bs out, I hate the "NEW" and improved v bulletin software at v8 Buick and several other sites I frequent.
                    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

THE "NEW" V bulletin shitty software will not accomodate the bouncing avatars and everyone I pmd and emailed about it for months completely ignored me-so-I guess this is now a pg site. Oh yeah, not to be singling bs out, I hate the "NEW" and improved v bulletin software at v8 Buick and several other sites I frequent.
                      I think I remember you mentioning it during the change-over. I forget things sometimes.

Comment

the motors in the 69 are all factory
                        COPO 427

Comment

My buddy who painted my truck has a 69 yenko Camaro.His he does not know if it is numbers matching as the block was decked but it is a true Yenko so?

Comment

I like the body paint lady anyway...

Comment

Working...
                            X