Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Towing capabilities of full size cars/wagons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
    the frame is so old , it may crumble ..buy in arizona
    the frame is fine and is boxed compleatly form the factory. the c-channle chevy trucks frames have a better chance of rusting out here int he north then the panthers
    Last edited by Mater; June 7, 2012, 08:29 PM.
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/3042357198.html

probably out tow a base model 1/2 ton truck today, and only 2500!! Yes, I want it.

I always wanted a convertible... There's a 76 Imperial 4 door around here with <80,000 miles. I'm trying to convince myself that if I take the trunk lid off it would be just like a short box crew cab pickup.
      Last edited by tedly; June 7, 2012, 08:56 PM.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm really stretching here, but it's just like a big SUV right?

cadillac hearse - $2000
        Attached Files
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

As long as we're telling Towing stories, did I ever tell you guys about the time I towed a house with a VW Rabbit Truck?
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Ok, I gotta hear this.
            Attached Files
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Rabbit that could.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	862424OK, I didn't say what size the house was, this is my Daughter's Play House, I towed it 2 1/2 miles when we moved the last time, over 20 years ago!
              Last edited by Grumpy; June 8, 2012, 08:03 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11725[/ATTACH]OK, I didn't say what size the house was, this is my Daughter's Play House, I towed it 2 1/2 miles when we moved the last time, almost 20 years ago!
                I'm impressed, you even made sure you got the best mileage by taking all the weight off the hitch - you're a clever man
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Grumpy, you know that's pretty manly, to be able to say that you once towed an entire housed with a diesel pickup! I bet few if the guys who read Diesel Power could say that...

Btw, I'm not sure if convertibles were ever actually banned. There was a director of the NHTSA at that time who had some pretty serious personal agendas, and with- or without a government agency actually being able to do that, the threats that were being made combined with poor sales to make convertibles not being worth producing.
                  Last edited by Loren; June 8, 2012, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0683.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	862426Same Playhouse, taken this morning, the trees have grown a little bit over the past 20 years and the only Rabbits that are around now have white tails and they hop.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                      Grumpy, you know that's pretty manly, to be able to say that you once towed an entire housed with a diesel pickup! I bet few if the guys who read Diesel Power could say that...

Btw, I'm not sure if convertibles were ever actually banned. There was a director of the NHTSA at that time who had some pretty serious personal agendas, and with- or without a government agency actually being able to do that, the threats that were being made combined with poor sales to make convertibles not being worth producing.
                      Interesting... I was going by the documentation provided by FOMOCO in the glove compartment as gospel... I shoulda known better..
                      Under TARGA TOPS which also talks about T- TOPS, Wiki talks a bit about DOT's ATTEMPT to ban convertible tops.
                      Aparantly they were not outright banned.. Just voluntarily not built? I could not find info either way... I sit corrected...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]11725[/ATTACH]OK, I didn't say what size the house was, this is my Daughter's Play House, I towed it 2 1/2 miles when we moved the last time, over 20 years ago!
                        So glad I didn't call bulls**t on this one, I'd have lost!
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                        X