Why parents should never buy their kid a Brand new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why parents should never buy their kid a Brand new car

Thanks for the thoughts guys.... ill try to update the situation on the stang

Comment

ive never understood it, but some kids are more responsible then others. i think its more a parenting issue rather then the fact the car is new. i do know i wouldve torn up a new, free car if given one as a teenager. hell, as a teenager, i KNEW i would tear up such a thing, i flatly refused to drive other people's cars on several occaisions..

i dont understand some parents, when my mustang got its paintjob, the redneck that did it for me parked it in his yard to dry.. parents kept coming up to try and buy it for their teenage sons as a first car. its an 84 notch with slicks on the back, and a 351w under the hood, an interior that the word "stripped" doesnt do justice, and a relocated battery in the trunk. who would buy a teenager such a car? maybe if your kid had REALLY good life insurance, or, if you had more then one son, and didnt mind paring down the number of kids you have to a more reasonable number..

Comment

I hope when my kids turn 16 , I can buy them a dream car , but thats it !

Comment

UPDATE:

My cousin says that its actually just a burned out clutch and not a problem with the tranny. Thats all she told me but she doesnt know when she's getting it back.

Apparently she is mad at herself and at "the car people" Not really sure what that means.... ???

Comment

My son will get his first car on his 12th birthday. That way he has 4 years of blood, sweat, tears, and money in the car when he turns 16. Then, hopefully, he will think good and hard before he does anything stupid in HIS car.

I feel you Woodward. Kinda pisses me off too.

On another note, I like the fact that I am a self made man. I left home at 18 with the clothes on my back and my toothbrush (no Joke). It makes everything so much better when you earn it the hard way.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
            X