• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An engineering marvel

At least it won't have a problem fitting some 10.5w's now. :D

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
      What worries me most is someone is going to be in front of that contraption when the steering fails or the suspension falls off. Who feels safe knowing that thing will eventually fall apart at speed?

Ron
      Hope the cameras are rolling with he ditches it!

Comment

There's a guy around here with a beautiful black 72 Caprice convertible with a 454 that's been lifted like that and sporting 30 inchers. He's been bugging me to sell him my Caprice because it's a factory 454. I finally told him I'd drive it off the Santa Monica pier before I'd let it get hacked up like his car.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Making a very unscientific observation, the amount of Donks, Bubbles, and Boxes in Memphis last weekend was diminished from last year.

Fake, glue-on portholes still rule the day though. Those suckers can be found on everything from Suburbans to Mercedes sedans. Horrible.

I'm with Ron that it's all fun and games until a family is killed when that rat trap falls apart.

Are there vehicle inspections in the state where that car is located? How in the great oogly moogly would that thing pass.

Oh yeah, and this is a serious question. How and why did this fad/trend start? Is it just a total f/u to the low rider guys?

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Scary, ain't it? Brian, if you don't come get the Poncho wagon, I'm gonna tell one of those 30" tire guys about it, and it'll get turned into one of THOSE. It'll be on your conscience forever. I'll even help you trailer it home on my trailer (you have to pop for the gas, but that's a pretty good offer).

I hope that no one is killed by this mess.

Later
            Dan

Comment

Originally posted by IndyShiftman
              Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
              That is just awesome.
              I see the drag link.. Oh-my-God!

But I bet you'd rather work on it that that RAV4 huh? Who needs a hoist? :P
              Hey Steve, the Rav4 is done and gone. Bad transmission controller ruined 3 transmissions before we figured it out.
              Damn!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                Scary, ain't it? Brian, if you don't come get the Poncho wagon, I'm gonna tell one of those 30" tire guys about it, and it'll get turned into one of THOSE. It'll be on your conscience forever. I'll even help you trailer it home on my trailer (you have to pop for the gas, but that's a pretty good offer).

I hope that no one is killed by this mess.

Later
                Dan
                Dan...that's a hell of an offer, but I already have a wagon project and thanks to Turk's Socratic ability to reason a man into a corner he can't escape from, I am going to try and cruise it home either this weekend or next.

My dad on the other hand may be interested. That wagon would look good next to his PRISTINE '64 Goat.

Brian

Comment

By the way, did this silly car have the rear brakes proportioned for less pressure to compensate for the massive amount of weight transfer due to the much higher CG?

I see the front brakes are still stock and doing considerably much more of the braking effort.

I'd hate, no.. love to see this car in a panic stop.

Comment

Unless he was panic stopping to keep from plowing into the back of yoru Camaro.

Brian

Comment

someone needs to buy one of these and try to auto-x it LMMFAO

edit- with required roll bars and safety harnesses of course.
                      sigpic

Comment

UP, UP, and AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Unless he was panic stopping to keep from plowing into the back of yoru Camaro.

Brian
                          He'd just go over the top of you.

No inspection laws in Indiana

Comment

betcha the coppers can give you a roadside inspection
                            then call a tow truck for ya

Comment

F**ck'in JUNK! UNSAFE JUNK at that >. ~OO6.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
                                By the way, did this silly car have the rear brakes proportioned for less pressure to compensate for the massive amount of weight transfer due to the much higher CG?

I see the front brakes are still stock and doing considerably much more of the braking effort.

I'd hate, no.. love to see this car in a panic stop.
                                Get real, Steve....considering the "quality"*coughbullshitcough* of the "lift", or more correctly, LACK THEREOF, I wouldn't bank on the brakes being a priority to them.

Just keep that dumb S.O.B. away from the west side....don't want that junkpile losing it in front of my tanker!

Comment

Working...
                                X