Flashlights used as small bombs in Phoenix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashlights used as small bombs in Phoenix

Figured I'd post this up for the safety of our members.... Please if you find a flashlight sitting out in public be very careful and by all means don't turn it on.......

Hope they find and string up the a-hole making them. Or perhaps hopefully the a-hole kills himself setting one up. Save us a trial and retention costs.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's gotten to the point I don't even run over harmless looking empty cans of pop or take out bags from micky d thrown out if cars. Cause maybe just maybe its a bomb. We did have the Speedway bomber about 20 years ago. Thanks for the remind.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        It's gotten to the point I don't even run over harmless looking empty cans of pop or take out bags from micky d thrown out if cars. Cause maybe just maybe its a bomb. We did have the Speedway bomber about 20 years ago. Thanks for the remind.

I have been there for some time as well. An ice cream is spilled outside, with container. I not only avoid it, I noticed anyone walking, one with a dog... pulled that leash away.

I keep a big crow bar in the back of my rally wagon. I got to wondering if that would ever get falsely accused.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I dunno, I think the good guys still vastly outnumber the bad in the course of daily life.

The bad guys just get a whole lot more publicity. What are we gonna do- arm up and board the doors and hide? Not me. I'll just keep on smiling at whatever I can.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            I dunno, I think the good guys still vastly outnumber the bad in the course of daily life.

The bad guys just get a whole lot more publicity. What are we gonna do- arm up and board the doors and hide? Not me. I'll just keep on smiling at whatever I can.
            That is exactly right PW, it's always a few that ruin it for the rest.....

Comment

I agree completly with you both. I go out all the time, don't let the bad rule my life.......but I do take some modest precautions.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

SMILE, for it makes "them" wonder what you're up to.... It can be nothing to smile about...

I have a way of looking at someone and nodding while pointing at someone else.. That someone else immediately becomes suspicious... Really hilarious when they " think" they are being talked about..

I swerved to run over a brown bag years ago... Dad screamed at me, " how do you know it is not a bag of beer bottles?.. Want a GD flat tire?".
                If he was still alive, he will prolly say, " how do you know it's not a GD bomb?".
                How times change...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  SMILE, for it makes "them" wonder what you're up to.... It can be nothing to smile about...

I have a way of looking at someone and nodding while pointing at someone else.. That someone else immediately becomes suspicious... Really hilarious when they " think" they are being talked about..

I swerved to run over a brown bag years ago... Dad screamed at me, " how do you know it is not a bag of beer bottles?.. Want a GD flat tire?".
                  If he was still alive, he will prolly say, " how do you know it's not a GD bomb?".
                  How times change...
                  Bob, that's what I'm talking about. Arrrrgh! here comes a leaf falling out of a tree - look out!

The best advice my dear departed dad ever gave me was, "Just be yourself." He was old and from an old time, but I think that still holds true.

We can all pick what we want to worry about, but most of it is probably wrong.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

People are just too quick to bitch and nit pick...
                    Mom always says..." Don't sweat the small stuff"
                    What does she do? NIT PICK! LOL. Gotta laugh or I will go crazy too.... Hey wait a minute or two..I'm already deemed crazy by some folks... AH WELL.. ball never bounces my way... Sure breaks the biggest piece of glass in the window tho.. Is that considered " Bouncing my way"? ... Bolt head breaks off...I don't have to unscrew it..that good or bad? Good if I don't wanna rescrew something in the same hole, bad if I bang the bejesus outa my thumb... What's a " bejesus"?
                    Hell.. Past my bedtime... Sleeping with my eyes open and fingers typing... Might go OMG! and delete when I reawaken?
                    I have awoke before, do I reawaken? Or is it just plain waken?.. Could be just wake up?

Tell me what ya think Pdub... I'll read it come daylight sometime...
                    Last edited by Deaf Bob; June 10, 2012, 01:04 AM. Reason: Missed the last sentence....

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      Hope they find and string up the a-hole making them. Or perhaps hopefully the a-hole kills himself setting one up. Save us a trial and retention costs.
                      "...Meanwhile, the bombings have stopped, though it is unclear whether there are more flashlights out there...."

Maybe your idea has come to fruition. He/she moved up to the 3 D Cell Maglite size and blew their face off. Karma is a bitch, maybe the blew off their hands and bled out. This kind of crap makes me insane - so cowardly I can't even fathom it.

I stopped driving over junk in the road because it could be a trucker bomb! (biohazard pop bottles full of pee)
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                      X