Why Do So Many People Lurk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do So Many People Lurk?

It's not often I scroll down to the whole bottom, where the current stats are. So there's 5 or 6 of "us" on board at this time, and 80-something "guests."

Who are they? What's up with that? Heck, we're just having a good time, as far as I'm concerned. Why do so many people want to just watch?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Its people who have saw a shirt or sticker I think.

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
      Its people who have saw a shirt or sticker I think.
      I guess we are just one heck of a lot of fun and a great deal entertaining, after all.

I don't understand just watching. Hell, let's PLAY....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Some of the guests are bot crawlers..... looking for email addresses to spam.

Some are folks who just read..... maybe after finding BS in a web search.

And some are afraid to post. Don't know why.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

For me its the fact that i just want to learn and i dont have a lot of knowledge on most of the subjects and i dont want to make an fool out of my self when i have no clue so i just chill post occasionally and take in as much as i can.
          In other words i know enough to get me in trouble and no enough to get out!
          GF:Did you motor blow up?
          Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

It takes too much time and energy to be interactive. I barely have time to lurk. You must be entertaining.
            Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
            79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

The vBulletin software is notoriously flaky in giving actual numbers on members and viewers.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                The vBulletin software is notoriously flaky in giving actual numbers on members and viewers.
                it has been better than ever for some years. I bet the numbers are close..a matter of refreshing your own browser. Remember logging out and not getting back in because something stil thinks you are there?

chat rooms used to be hilarious. see yourself talk with lag.

any viewers is good for a forum..when someone searches something and google pops up any old thing, caches and prior people can bring up this forum.

don't even have to log in.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

i used to lurk all day long at work, and couldnt log in or post...
                  Charles

Comment

post..... everybody
                    I will deflect all hostile fire from the internet elites my way LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                      post..... everybody
                      I will deflect all hostile fire from the internet elites my way LOL
                      Says the 'Lord God King BangShifter'
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                        i used to lurk all day long at work, and couldnt log in or post...until I got fired for goofing off on the internet all day. Now I have nothing better to do than post all day, even on a post about posting, and can run around in my drawers straddling the hedge at the old office and give the whole world the finger and tell em all to F-off.
                        Life is good!

Comment

Couple of reasons:
                          1. I don't speak Chevy, and that's the topic du jour every day here.
                          2. Interested in reading, when I find something that piques my interest.
                          Originally posted by A/Fuel
                          I have a set of super pants, they work great!

Comment

Some people know better to get too involved. One guy around here that really wasn't a car guy , went of the deep end, bought a car, then some speed rated tires, a helmet.....dude has more in tires than I have in any one of my 4 cars.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I only log in when I have something to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X