CarCraft Glorifying Street Racing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarCraft Glorifying Street Racing??

In the new CarCraft there is a huge story about Street Racing in California......It's even on the front cover........ Do you think it's a good idea to cover Street Racing and put it on the front cover?? Or a bad idea that will promote street racing all around the country......

If you search the roots of Hotroddin..the street is where everything started.Simple raw outlaw...yess..but fun.

Comment

Maybe it will bring some attention to the lack of proper racing venues in Socal and some one will do something... right...
      BKB
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

is it glorifying or is it educating? and really you can not talk about grass roots hot rodding without talking about street racing.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I haven't read through the whole article yet, but they are talking about hanging out with Gang Members and how these guys are on the breaking edge of technology......And how they are this "secret" culture.......... Just seems awfully damn glorifying if I was a young kid.........

Comment

It's a taboo topic and as such will get a lot of attention. You read it and so did I. Nuff said.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Then they are quoting guys saying stuff like this, "The track is boring, No adventure. On the street anything can happen"........

They also try to make it sound like these guys are "safely" doing street racing, that they aren't like the other guys that do it during the day on populated streets, like there is a safe way to street race.........
              Last edited by TC; June 11, 2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

They're playing with a double-edged sword. Yes, street racing is the foundation for hot rodding but there are too many people out there with ZERO common sense. The problem is when some 20-something crashes his HONDA into a family and tells the cops that he got the idea from this magazine he read.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I thought it was a tabbo subject as well - and they put a lot of time into generating the information for the story - it's basically an undercover piece. Megasquirt was mentioned several times and there seems to be a cottage industry of guys helping eachother building these fast cars.... that's all cool I thought. But the outlaw part of it sure seems like a big risk to publish. I'm surprised so many of the "outlaws" were OK with thier pictures being in the magazine.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    I'm surprised so many of the "outlaws" were OK with thier pictures being in the magazine.
                    The cops actually have to catch you in the "act" of street racing before they can arrest you, you can "talk" about it all day long...........
                    Last edited by TC; June 11, 2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

And one other thing,is when street racing involves 9 or 8 sec cars..in the 40ies,it was fast enough with 80mph..

Comment

On cable there is a show that goes undercover in LA and shows illegal street racing, with the drinking, betting and drug dealing going on.. It is filmed.. Wouldn 't that be " evidence"? I see $5K bets. Maybe see some drinking.. The drugs seem to be kep hidden.
                        Right or wrong.. It's there cuz TV says so... ??? Car Craft is no different...
                        Those guys supposedly arrange the drags by texts.. So the question begs asking... How does the camera guys know? Staged?

Every town around here has their "fastest gun" ... By rep or on the track or at the "secret locale". I wouldnt know...

Comment

From what I took away from the article was that these guys were using ingenuity and imagination, not a ton of cash, to make fast cars. Yes, these guys are street racers. Most are members of the Brotherhood of Street Racers, Big Willy's guys. The only ones in SoCal actively pursuing our local gov'ts to get tracks up and running and get kids off the street.

There always be those guys who want to be the outlaws and rebellious. They won't go to a track no matter what because if they do, they will have to follow rules.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

We still do it around here and I done it a couple of times this weekend, its normal around this area.
                            People don't do it everywhere still???

Comment

Ummmmm.....let's not forget that these magazines are based where? Proximity to Hollywood, land of fiction?

Coincidence, or not. I take everything I read anymore with 2 grains of salt.

Good reading though, well written. I enjoyed reading the article, its one of the better mazagine articles the company has put out lately.

And there is a serious make-over coming soon to HR, September if I remember correctly. This could be an early precursor to the makeover?
                              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                              X