Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Eastern Tennessee!

Unit's checking out the local news....

This is just absolutely rich. Another day in Bradley County (where we live).

First, it finally actually happened - kid shot in the eye with a BB gun. How many decades have we waited for THAT, moms?

All of them - hHAhahhAH!!!! And the last one...."read" into it what they're saying- we're going to set up DUI stops this weekend, unless it's raining. We don't do that shit in the rain. HAhahAHahAHAH!!!!!!!

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

There was a kid, little older than I, while growing up, lived in foster homes... He had one cock-eyed eye... I was told all my youth that he lived in foster homes and was cock-eyed because his parents let his brother shoot him in the eye with a bb gun...
    Well fast forwrd years later, I met him and over beers he said his eye was a result of his parents fighting and throwing lye at each other.. Wrong place wrong time sort of deal. Stupidly, I say," oh your brother didn't shoot you with a BB gun?". He says " no, I got a sister and she took me to the doctor". Guess she was the "responsible adult" in the house..

Comment

I once shot a rubber band at this idiot I worked with and it hit him in the eye, He was way far across a large room never in a million years did I think it would hit him.
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
        I once shot a rubber band at this idiot I worked with and it hit him in the eye, He was way far across a large room never in a million years did I think it would hit him.
        Betcha couldn't do it again with 100 boxes of 100 rubber bands!

Comment

Gail, I think if they can get the security issues worked out, I think rubber band shooting is a part of the upcoming Summer Olympics. You're a "natural."

Comment

I wouldn't do it again it made him cry
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I wouldn't do it again it made him cry
              Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed that the Investigating Officer was Adam West? That's Batman, people! But see - Mom was right (eventually).

And everyone knows that Tennesseeans don't drink when it's raining. It's in the Southern Gentleman's Code of Conduct.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  Unit's checking out the local news....

This is just absolutely rich. Another day in Bradley County (where we live).

First, it finally actually happened - kid shot in the eye with a BB gun. How many decades have we waited for THAT, moms?

All of them - hHAhahhAH!!!! And the last one...."read" into it what they're saying- we're going to set up DUI stops this weekend, unless it's raining. We don't do that shit in the rain. HAhahAHahAHAH!!!!!!!

http://www.clevelandbanner.com/view/...atest_articles
                  I thought DUI check points were outlawed or maybe that is just in my state......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    I thought DUI check points were outlawed or maybe that is just in my state......
                    Illegal to make everybody on a road to go thru a DUI checkpoint...
                    But looking and observing DUI's or looking harder for DUI's are A-OK.. Reasonable assumption sort of thing. Like shifty eyes, glassed looks.

Comment

The cops here periodically run "All Cars" check points. They (supposedly) look for license violations, equipment violations (they once told me that my windshield tint came down too far but no ticket) - that sort of thing. I suspect that they are secretly looking for impaired drivers but maybe can't call it that.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        The cops here periodically run "All Cars" check points. They (supposedly) look for license violations, equipment violations (they once told me that my windshield tint came down too far but no ticket) - that sort of thing. I suspect that they are secretly looking for impaired drivers but maybe can't call it that.

Dan
                        That's why they call it a vehicle safety check, or something. Which ain't all bad in a state with no inspection process. Man, is there ever some junk running on the road. And while they've got their head in the window....ahhhhhhhh...sir, have you been drinking?

Heck yeah they're looking for DUI's while they're at it, and pot smell or whatever. Everybody else just gets a "have a nice day," and motor on.

The coolest thing I ever heard of was in SC on I-77 a little south of Richburg, northbound. The cops put out a "Drug Checkpoint 1 Mile" sign. On an interstate?

But the setup terrain-wise was perfect. You were going uphill, cant see but maybe 1/4 mile, and just past the drug checkpoint sign was an exit ramp.

It was an exit to nowhere. Nobody lives on that county road, there are no business within about 8 miles, and the road itself wasn't even a shortcut to anywhere. Practically a useless exit for anybody.

So, dive off at that exit to avoid the drug checkpoint, onto the ramp, over a rise and then down at the bottom sat every cop in Chester County.

They busted dozen and DOZENS of drug runners the first time they did it. Then they waited about a year and did it again.
                        Last edited by pdub; June 13, 2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

My Sister loaned her car the other day to a Carny friend, they are all working at a fair right now. The guys says he has to go get meds for his dog. Well he does the trained dog show so why he would take his dogs without the meds should have rung a bell...Nancy is very trusting though. So he goes and buys some illegal Oxycotin then gets pulled over for the license plate light being out and swerving. He goes to Jail the car goes to impound.
                          She has the car back now to the tune of $380 in impound fees.
                          The dog trainer guy tells her that the Oxy is for his dental problems and that he has a scrip for it, not sure why he was keeping them in a baggy though...

Comment

Pharmacies now dispense pills in baggies to save money and they pass the savings along to their customers. Or something......

Sorry your Sis had to pay the price.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X