Snakes in junkyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snakes in junkyards

I have to admit they are pretty creepy. Anything that gets around without legs is creepy. And they can swim too.

I have respect for them more then fear.

So why do you think you're a snake magnet?
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Not so much a snake magnet...

I was just a really stupid kid that liked stomping through the woods without looking where I was stepping. :o

I did a lot of camping and saw all kinds of wildlife....i.e. bears, moose, deer, wolves, coyote, fox, and SNAKES.

I would rather go toe to toe with a bear than touch a snake.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

It sucks living in the north east corner of NJ. An old car here is anything pre-2000. No junk yards here either.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Well, we got our first taste of what it's going to be like pulling cars from this yard. First victim is a 56 Ford 4 door. By the time we were done I had two 2 doors. ;D

Not all the cars are like that, I just needed that one for some parts, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

The best part was we used my Wagoneer to move it. The owner was on standby with a Kubota tractor, telling us we would never get it out. We showed him what real Jeeps are made of.

Comment

we need pic!

Comment

No pics of that, we were busy working. I should have stopped to get some though. Impressed myself when I had the idea to climb a nearby tree and wrap a chain around the trunk, attach a come-a-long to it, and hook it to the car. The car was sunk into the ground up to it's rockers, and it seemed pulling it up and forward at the same time would be the thing to do rather than just try to pull it through the ground it was stuck in. Worked good. Once we got it broke free and moved a couple feet, I hooked the Wagoneer to it.

Comment

Working...
              X