Imperial Roadster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imperial Roadster

Show car, trailer queen? Well the IR passed us twice on the 2012 HRPT.
    I talked to Paaf(?) at the end of day show and he at the time had 1800 miles on it.

It is great to see something like that on the road.

Nick

Great to know he's driving it. Sometimes I'm crazy about and other times I just think it's OK. Am I fickle?

Dan

Comment

Dan,
      The metalwork is flawless. The interior is right up there with the top of the line NEW cars but has the period look.
      The orange wheels are the only thing I can't get around yet. I would like to see it with chrome at least a photoshop of chrome.
      Nick

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Great to know he's driving it. Sometimes I'm crazy about and other times I just think it's OK. Am I fickle?

Dan
        Since you know you are fickle and admit it.. There is hope... Hang in there buddy... Nooo problem!

Comment

The workmanship and detail on it is great. I personally think it would look a lot better if it was just a bit longer. It always makes me think of a Shriner car.

Comment

The most impressive thing about that car to me is that it was built in a 2 car garage by a few talented guys helping a friend see it through, and it stands up well against anything from the big time custom car builders.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Dan
              I'm right there with you. I think its an awesome display of fabrication, execution etc. But it just seems awkward to me.
              I'm still learning

Comment

It's supposed to look awkward, it's a cartoon car.

1800 miles in about a year is not very many miles, but I suppose it is for a car like that.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

is it wrong to hate everything about it?
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

No. It's a matter of taste....some of us have it, some of us don't.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i saw a pic of it early in the power tour and it had a brown top, then when i saw it at the final stop the top was missing and was just the frame. Seeing the car in the magazine feature I wasnt a real fan of it, but seeing it in person I was diggin it and they drove it all over Eagle Canyon Raceway during the Optima Challenge Event last saturday
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

btw heres a pic I took of it at PT

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Thanks for the pic... Was just fixing to beg for one...
                          I like it... Colors leave alot to be desired
                          But it is sweet.. Somebody's dream car... Just not mine...
                          I'd drive it if I liked verts. Much rather be on a bike...

Comment

SAWZALL it

Comment

They did great work, but the proportions are all of whack for me. Reminds me of those guys who cut two doors out of a four door car and shorten the whole car. Looks clownish.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X