Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cars do you like to look at but don't want to own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any kind of Mustang, I have had Corvettes all of my adult, first one when I was 19, life and have owned seven new Silverado's that I keep for several years, the present one holds three landspeed records and looks great. My current daily driver is a 37 Chevy hotrod truck with a built 350 w/Hilburn type scoop air cleaner, no hood or side panels, highlift cam and streetrod headers have never been capped, automatic, front disc. brakes, Mustang rack and flames, drive it every day.

Garrell

Comment

Jags - I love E types, but holy mother expensive. I'd be tempted to build a kit, or buy a project that was already bound for an American V8.

Exotics have always been nice to look at, but don't want to own, gull wings, and all the Italians, Porche - I'd never fit in one if I could afford one, same goes for Triump, Lotus, etc.

I tried mercedes - that went badly.

I like the first gen vettes, but again, too pricey.

I like our 54 belair and would love a fleetline version of the same era. I also love the first generation of Cuda's.
      I think this is why you either have to be rich, or be prepared to buy, fix, drive a while, and sell, if you want to own a lot of variety.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

all of them lol!!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ferraris. I like almost all of them and the racing history of the company, but I wouldn't get one even if I could afford it. I just don't ever see myself owning one even if I hit the lottery.

For instance, a 308 GTS is on the "more affordable" scale, but at 6' 5", Im going to hate my life if Im in it for more than 20 minutes, and there are way faster cars for the money. Even new Ferrari's can easily be outrun by a CTS-V, and that would dampen the experience for me a bit.

With all that said, I do appreciate seeing them when I pass by our local Ferrari dealer

Comment

Call it blasphemy, but I like to look at 1st gen Camaros, but would never own one. Same goes for any Mopar. If you find one, even if its a rusted through pile, they want something close to the price of gold for it. Mid 60's mustangs are also out for me, as its kind of the same thing, but nice ones can still be found for a decent price. Some that I do like to look at and would own are late 2nd gen Camaro's (my dad has one, so I want one... his preferably) as long as they aren't hacked to hell. I have also found myself looking at an '88 Mustang hatchback that is for sale about a mile away. It looks decent, and I'd use it for daily summer transportation. 3rd gen Camaro's as well, again, so long as they aren't hacked up. I wouldn't pass up on a good AMC though. Again, the look/own thing, but I'd prob buy one if it was decent enough and the price was right.

Comment

Working...
            X