Anyone notice.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    It doesn't mean shit until it's under 2 bucks. I believe that this failing economy would be fixed in a short period of time with just making gas under 2 bucks. No bag a tricks, just the gas
    Total agree with ya on that......

Comment

WHOO HOO!!! 3.91/gal 4 days ago now $3.68.... Howinthehell does gas drop $0.30 in a few days??
      If I had the $$.. I'd fill up before it zips back up for the 4th of July...

Comment

It doesn't mean shit until it's under 2 bucks. I believe that this failing economy would be fixed in a short period of time with just making gas under 2 bucks. No bag a tricks, just the gas

I don't know what really controls gas prices... and it's probably not appropriate to start that discussion here ... but I agree with you that If I could fill up the Blazer for about $50 instead of about $100 - then I'd have $50 to spend on other stuff which would help the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
          I don't know what really controls gas prices... and it's probably not appropriate to start that discussion here ... but I agree with you that If I could fill up the Blazer for about $50 instead of about $100 - then I'd have $50 to spend on other stuff which would help the economy.
          When gas was under $2 it wasn't factored into a monthly budget ....now it is. Under $2 people would have money to spend on other things, allowing others to prosper. Thousands of items that get to market in deisel trucks would be cheaper, freeing up even more money for families to spend on other luxuries that they've learned to live without these past few years. It's a perfect example of the "ripple effect". I believe it's the biggest, single thing that can relieve the economy. I know a couple that lost their home because they were spending in excess of $1300 in gas each month (was closer to $450 per month when it was $1.50 a gallon not too long ago) just to get to work (their jobs were in seperate directions). That's damn near $1000 increase in their monthly expenses!! JMO
          Last edited by groucho; June 24, 2012, 05:40 AM.
          STUGOTS

Comment

Thousands of items that get to market in deisel trucks would be cheaper, freeing up even more money for families to spend on other luxuries that they've learned to live without these past few years. JMO
            I agree with everything you said except this, the plateau has been set, they found out what we'll pay, diesel could drop to $1.00 a gallon but the prices the consumer will pay have been established so I look for very little relief if any.
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

That would make a huge difference. The only way fuel is going to get that cheap again is if is produced here in the US in a huge overabundance. As long as the oil pumped out of the ground here goes to the world market just to be sold back to us, it is going to be high. Kinda why I like my race fuel that you can make out of waste paper and stale bread. They exported a billion gallons of ethanol just to keep the price up on it too. Think of it though, if everyone just utilized the waste that can be easily turned into fuel, we wouldnt need nearly as much gas. The problem is your engine lasts too long running ethanol and the oil people dont make money from it.

We make the stuff here, how much stuff do we still make here in the US rather than importing it? Try to find something US made in WalMart. Even our cars are half or entirely build overseas, if not assembled there then the parts are made there. You have to produce to make money, unless you can control the importation of it. Build and produce things here, that will fix the economy too.

Comment

In England the prices have also dropped. Its now 1.36 pound a litre of diesel (i use a 1700cc diesel car for work). I just converted to us gallon and dollars and its over 8 dollars a gallon! Petrol is about 1.29 a litre. I put 30 pound a time in my car and get 220 miles. I do a lot of miles so I spend a fortune on fuel. About 65% of the price is tax in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                  That would make a huge difference. The only way fuel is going to get that cheap again is if is produced here in the US in a huge overabundance. As long as the oil pumped out of the ground here goes to the world market just to be sold back to us, it is going to be high. Kinda why I like my race fuel that you can make out of waste paper and stale bread. They exported a billion gallons of ethanol just to keep the price up on it too. Think of it though, if everyone just utilized the waste that can be easily turned into fuel, we wouldnt need nearly as much gas. The problem is your engine lasts too long running ethanol and the oil people dont make money from it.

We make the stuff here, how much stuff do we still make here in the US rather than importing it? Try to find something US made in WalMart. Even our cars are half or entirely build overseas, if not assembled there then the parts are made there. You have to produce to make money, unless you can control the importation of it. Build and produce things here, that will fix the economy too.
                  I don't agree here either. It's oil company greed. Hell, they're making more than ever and Alaska's still waiting 20+ years to get paid by Exxon for the Valdeez incedent. There's small rural areas in this country that are paying way LESS than the big cities because the oil companies know who they can and cannot hump. As far as things other than oil being produced here.....I agree, but it won't happen. EPA and Workman's Comp are KILLING that. Do we need EPA to clean up the air? YES, but the air we save just gets pissed on in other countries like China that now manufacture the same goods without the restrictions. So we didn't gain dick. There's a big Deli in Venice or Santa Monica my friend knows the owner. That owner tells my friend that closing his doors ONE day a week saves him ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR in Workman's Comp. The funny shit is, with all the money Workman's Comp GETS, good luck getting anything reasonable if you get hurt. You might get $15K for losing a hand (exxagerating to make my point). .
                  Last edited by groucho; June 24, 2012, 04:16 PM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                    I agree with everything you said except this, the plateau has been set, they found out what we'll pay, diesel could drop to $1.00 a gallon but the prices the consumer will pay have been established so I look for very little relief if any.
                    I disagree, they have NOT found out what we'll pay. If they charge $6, we pay or we don't go on. If we don't pay, then what? Shittier neighborhoods (or homeless)? Shittier food (or starve)? Shittier clothing (or rags)? They're screwing with us. They raise it a buck, so when they finally lower it 50 freakin cents we wanna kiss their feet. If deisel went to a dollar a gallon I disagree that consumer goods won't come down in price. THEY WILL. When a market pays less, they lower the price to get more people in THEIR store. Because they can afford to now. Or, if the store still pays the trucker top dollar...another enterprising trucker will offer lower rates because now he CAN. That's how things work.
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Here just across the border in B.C. gas is $5 U.S. bucks for a U.S. gallon.

Comment

I disagree, they have NOT found out what we'll pay. If they charge $6, we pay or we don't go on. If we don't pay, then what? Shittier neighborhoods (or homeless)? Shittier food (or starve)? Shittier clothing (or rags)? They're screwing with us. They raise it a buck, so when they finally lower it 50 freakin cents we wanna kiss their feet. If deisel went to a dollar a gallon I disagree that consumer goods won't come down in price. THEY WILL. When a market pays less, they lower the price to get more people in THEIR store. Because they can afford to now. Or, if the store still pays the trucker top dollar...another enterprising trucker will offer lower rates because now he CAN. That's how things work.
                        I'm glad that works for you but I haven't seen it happen around here, when the price of fuel goes down the items transported by truck stay the same and Trucking Companies and Stores refer to it as profit margin!
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                          I'm glad that works for you but I haven't seen it happen around here, when the price of fuel goes down the items transported by truck stay the same and Trucking Companies and Stores refer to it as profit margin!
                          . Well of course it's not gonna happen there, here, or anywhere else when diesel comes down 20-30 cents for 2 days It's gotta come down TWO dollars or so and stay there for it to happen
                          Last edited by groucho; June 25, 2012, 01:13 PM.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Hell Ya I filled up!!!...... This is what I paid for Diesel today......

Comment

Must be nice. Gas and diesel are still well above $3.60 here.

Comment

Working...
                              X