In-car video of the Winged Express!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-car video of the Winged Express!

Yeah, this may be our crowning achievement. We jammed our cameras on the famed Winged Express at Bowling Green and here's what we got....you'll dig it.

That which you manifest is before you.

Driver....track....driver....driver....driver....t rack....driver...driver...view from the stands of the car going by....

What I've been preaching - Us mouse-folks want to see the whole run from behind the pipes, like what does it look like to DO that?

I'm missing something really big that way.

Yeah, that's cool, I could nearly feel that through the subwoofer. But....show me the run through the windshield. I guess that's not artistic enough. I'm just....I don't wanna see the driver, don't need to.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

On the other hand...

I dug it.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        On the other hand...

I dug it.
        On no, I dug it plenty.....I'll just never get a decent answer it seems on why you show the driver driver driver.

What am I missing, not being fascinated by that part of it? I'm missing something huge, I have to be. I'm obviously defective, because I'm not interested in that, and almost all hotrod videos have those shots in them, .... tell me what's wrong with me, please. I need to know so I can begin my recovery.

Comment

Facing a camera straight ahead on a car that moves in a straight line is exceptionally entertaining. Did you see Mike working the wheel like a Zamboni driver to keep the thing from swapping ends on the burnout? How about him pulling the brake, chute lever, and other junk at high speed?

In car cameras rule because --- ground breaking stuff here --- you see the driver. LSR videos show the driver because looking out of the windshield of a car driving in a straight line over a vast space isn't very interesting, even at big speed. Watching the guy maintain control of the car and keep it doing what it is supposed to do is the neat part.

Comment

I have always dug that thing, wanted to see Willy run it but sadly that will never happen again. Its the only car I would want more than a Willys gasser. Absofreakinlutely awesome. Thanks for the video Brian.

Comment

Okay, then. There's got to be a better place for the camera. The NASCAR media toyed with it this past weekend, sort of like the passenger in the back seat on the right side at a 45-degree-or-less angle. You could see what the driver was doing, but you could see out the windshield, too.

You've gotta know, if I'm making one run with one camera, I'm sure not gonna point it at me.

Comment

They toyed with a camera angle they have been using for about 40 years. The Winged Express is a fuel altered, it makes the stock car look like a Coupe de Ville.

Personal preference thing I guess. Watching a person with exceptional skills operate in a stressful environment is infinitely more interesting to me than looking out a windshield.

Comment

Awesome Video for sure! The angle of the steering wheel would take some getting used to, do any of the other fuel altereds have that same setup? How were they transporting it or what kind of a tow rig did they have, I can remember them towing on an open trailer and a 70's Dodge pickup a few years ago.
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

That's the only one left with the "school bus" orientation of the wheel. Pretty effing nuts!

Mousie's original Dodge truck has been retired. It travels in a modest enclosed gooseneck trailer dragged by a dually now. Oh, that trailer is packing BS stickers, as of last weekend! Woot!

Comment

Glad to hear they stepped up to an enclosed rig, it was about time and cool deal on the BS stickers!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

That was cool! I'd probably soil the fire suite.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                          Facing a camera straight ahead on a car that moves in a straight line is exceptionally entertaining. Did you see Mike working the wheel like a Zamboni driver to keep the thing from swapping ends on the burnout? How about him pulling the brake, chute lever, and other junk at high speed?

In car cameras rule because --- ground breaking stuff here --- you see the driver. LSR videos show the driver because looking out of the windshield of a car driving in a straight line over a vast space isn't very interesting, even at big speed. Watching the guy maintain control of the car and keep it doing what it is supposed to do is the neat part.
                          Great stuff Brian!!!!!!
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                          X