I need need typing...don't laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need need typing...don't laugh

I don't know exactly what I'm doing but it's getting very frustating. I know it has to do with how or where I'm touching keys. I'll be typing a sentence and all of a sudden the cursor has moved to a previous sentence and I'm typing there. I have to go back, erase and start over where I lost it. Anybody have any idea on what key(s) I may be touching unknownly? I suspect it's with my right hand. I'm more of a index finger typer.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

you typing on a laptop?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

i had that issue and my hand would get close to the touch pad on my lap top...was driving me nuts trying to figure out WTF.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I types a few things and I was hitting the shift key a few times and it moved some stuff around.

Comment

Yes, lap top. skullbucket, that might be it. I'm having a dickens of a time with my new laptop. I know it's me, I've done this with other lap tops.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I hate typing a long sentence and look up and its split the sentence somewhere else or just isn't typing at all and then i have to start over!!!

Comment

Not sure if this applies to all lap tops, however on my Dell you can turn the touch pad off. I've had the same problem. I'm on an old IBM Think Pad now, with a mouse hooked to it. No moving cursor for me.
              Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

get a cordless mouse, then turn off the touch-pad. It's what I do.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  get a cordless mouse, then turn off the touch-pad. It's what I do.
                  This. ^^^^
                  Drove me nuts when I got my laptop, especially since my computer illiterate self looks at the keys when I type, not the screen. I use a trackball instead of a mouse, but same idea.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    Yes, lap top. skullbucket, that might be it. I'm having a dickens of a time with my new laptop. I know it's me, I've done this with other lap tops.
                    Dickens of a time? Did you seriously just say that?! I don't think I've heard anyone use that phrase since my Grandma passed!
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'll bet on the touchpad too - much frustrating. I have big hands, I got a big laptop - with the number pad full size next to the keyboard, but the touchpad - it's still there to catch your thumbs moving.

If you have a "pointer" in the center of the keypad, or as mentioned - get a mouse and just turn off the touchpad.

I share in your frustration.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm on a desktop - none of those issues. Besides, MACs don't screw up! (At least, hardly ever).

Dan

Comment

The auto fill gives me fits on my Droid, I use it some times b/c my lab top craped out I would rather spend money on car parts! you can cut and paste your mistakes so you dont have to retype them.
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                            Dickens of a time? Did you seriously just say that?! I don't think I've heard anyone use that phrase since my Grandma passed!
                            Dickens? Yes Dickens...I did't want to use some shitty word. I also say on occasions ice box and gin mill! *LOL* What do you expect from an old fart?
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                              I hate typing a long sentence and look up and its split the sentence somewhere else or just isn't typing at all and then i have to start over!!!

That's exactly it! Glad it's just not me.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X